Home Improvement

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So to mulch, I need a special blade?

Looks like for my mower, I need a plug that want shipped.

I also install a RO system tomorrow, I still can't find my tools though.

Last edited:

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider

I've never used a mulching blade. I just take the guard off and then the grass doesn't pile up. I'll post a picture for you at lunch.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The fin fixing reminds me of my aunt who went to the trouble of smashing all the fins on the condenser so that they made a smooth flat surface. She was worried that the sharp edges were a safety hazard you see. I tried to convince her otherwise, but who is going to believe a 9 year old talking about the effect of surface area on efficiency...

When I was six years old I went to a senior level college class and did all the hardest math problems and told the professor he was wrong.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I don't know about a special blade. On my mower, to mulch, you just close the entrance to where the bag would have been attached. I imagine that means the grass stays in the mower longer, and hence gets mulched.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yes there are special blades. The difference is in the shape, which lifts up the cuttings and cuts them several more times rather than just cutting and expelling out the side or back.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yes there are special blades. The difference is in the shape, which lifts up the cuttings and cuts them several more times rather than just cutting and expelling out the side or back.
Yeah, he's right. It will just cut and force the clippings down onto the lawn without the mulching blade.

Mulching_Straight.jpg

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Installing RO system
PHOTO_20170817_182538.jpg

This flexible white hose come from dishwasher, I guess they call it drain hose, can I do this???
PHOTO_20170817_182716.jpg

Or would that kink up shit, and just leave it as a big loop?

RO tank barely fit behind the drain, had to remove it, and there is like a 1cm gap.

Also garbage disposal looks huge!

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Dishwasher hoses are supposed to loop up to prevent backflow I think. The may already have it doing that on the unit but I doubt it'll hurt anything to have it up again under the cab. You'll figure out pretty quick if it won't work because your diswasher won't drain, i doubt it'll cause a catastrophe.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, make sure your drain hose hangs higher than the point it goes into the disposal, to prevent backflow and smelly odors. You can get a small hook or loop to hang it on.

dishwasher-drain-line-right.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, make sure your drain hose hangs higher than the point it goes into the disposal, to prevent backflow and smelly odors. You can get a small hook or loop to hang it on.

oh ok, so i want to make an upside down trap? cool.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

PHOTO_20170818_163810.jpg

Higher than that? I just noticed I can go up between my divided sink, otherwise, sink depth is really low and that flex tube is already hitting the bottom of it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Anyone know of anything inexpensive that dampens sound but is rated for outdoor exposure? I'm thinking something like those eggcrate foam panels they have in studios but outside. I want to put a panel up around my pool pump but unfortunately where it's located I can't really fit any of the prefab structures or thick plastic Rubbermaid looking ones around it so have to build my own.

It's not really that noisy as it's brand new, but the frequency it puts out is detectable at night through the walls of the house. It's more one of those obnoxious white noise things.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Since you said the location is tight, I'm not sure that you'll have too many options to make your solution weather proof. This video makes it seem pretty straight forward though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Since you said the location is tight, I'm not sure that you'll have too many options to make your solution weather proof. This video makes it seem pretty straight forward though.

That might work actually, I could probably shove cheap eggcrate foam inside and replace it every year or something.

Thanks I was going to overengineer this instead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
PHOTO_20170820_202221.jpg

Levelled and replaced the foam tube, so I'm done with the outside unit aside from a yearly cleaning. It's heck less noisy now that it's levelled, barley great it, compared to the neighbors.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
PHOTO_20170821_135114.jpg

Gonna need to change one of these handle colors, lol. I'm thinking I could just change the handle to aged bronze and I'll be good, leave the Jimmy lock as white