Home Improvement

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We withdrew an offer on a home because during the inspection our realtor was like “Hey, go pull your truck in to the garage just to be sure.” That thing didn’t have a chance in hell of fitting. Some noped out of that. Guy tried to sue us for backing out but whatever. He got over it and still sold the house in a day as soon as he dried his vagina and re-listed.

Even the house we settled on can just barely fit the 1500 and it takes very careful maneuvering. Only time I bothered was when we had a big hail storm come through. Otherwise her car gets the garage, truck lives in the driveway.

That has been near the top of our list for the next home when we build.

Burns

Dude, you would need like a Smart car or golf cart to fit in that "3 car garage." You could have maybe squeezed in a Honda civic. Even considering this a 3 car garage was a stretch. It's more like a 2 car garage with extension.

Dope for motorcycles though if I had one. I can't even fit my truck in the main part of the garage, and its not lifted or anything gay like that.
The picture must make it look larger than it is because it looks like a bunch of 2 seater sports cars could fit (backed in) if the cabinets weren't there (Porsche, Vette, Miata, Z4, Lotus, etc). You have the measurements off hand, so we can all ponder what the fuck the builder was thinking?

I guess it's Texas, where something like 50%+ of the population doesn't park any of their cars in the garage, so builders can get away with a bunch of bullshit.

Last edited:

Burns

Also, if anyone wants to maximize parking space and get close to perfect parking alignment, get some lasers to put on the celling or hang a tennis balls, to tell you when you're in far enough. They are easier than floor stops since those become trip hazards when the cars are out of the garage.

2024-05-18 11.23.41 i0.wp.com 1772a9452708.png

2024-05-18 11.24.25 allgaragefloors.com 94a8d49cc762.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The picture must make it look larger than it is because it looks like a bunch of 2 seater sports cars could fit (backed in) if the cabinets weren't there (Porsche, Vette, Miata, Z4, Lotus, etc). You have the measurements off hand, so we can all ponder what the fuck the builder was thinking?

I guess it's Texas, where something like 50%+ of the population doesn't park any of their cars in the garage, so builders can get away with a bunch of bullshit.
You could certainly squeeze in a Miata or something. But it would be a tight fit. I'll find the measurements in a bit. The overall garage is big but the door to the third garage is like tiny. Extremely tiny. So that is the bottleneck for getting something in there.

I'm 6'3 and I wear size 15 shoes. Miatas or anything like that are simply out of the question. If the car isn't at least a foot or two off the ground its straight uncomfortable for me to get into. With the kids and stuff my woman wants a Rav4 or Kia Sportster this year so we would never make use of the space. I refuse to buy a dumbass golf cart I would never use.

I just do not understand how they sell it as a 3 car garage. Any normal car would have a hell of a time getting in there. Most people don't have sports cars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

You could certainly squeeze in a Miata or something. But it would be a tight fit. I'll find the measurements in a bit. The overall garage is big but the door to the third garage is like tiny. Extremely tiny. So that is the bottleneck for getting something in there.

I'm 6'3 and I wear size 15 shoes. Miatas or anything like that are simply out of the question. If the car isn't at least a foot or two off the ground its straight uncomfortable for me to get into. With the kids and stuff my woman wants a Rav4 or Kia Sportster this year so we would never make use of the space. I refuse to buy a dumbass golf cart I would never use.

I just do not understand how they sell it as a 3 car garage. Any normal car would have a hell of a time getting in there. Most people don't have sports cars.
Dude I knew in high school was exactly your size (just double checked his height) and drove a Miata almost every day. I'm not sure I ever saw the top up on it and it was funny seeing his head sticking up slightly higher than the windshield.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That sounds painful. I have to slouch in the woman's Elantra or my head hits the roof.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Husband wants to style the guest room like a little speakeasy, so did some tiny changes today to get started. Haven’t replaced an outlet in years! Fuck this push-in shit. I don’t know why they couldn’t have just used the ol’ hook method. Broke one of my pin vices trying to push the little button in to free up the wire and just straight up broke the button on another. Either way, got a whopping two outlets done before I was sick of sitting on the floor. No electrocutions! Have some speciality light switches and plates he ordered coming in next week, so that’ll be fun as well I’m sure. Also have these slatted wall panels he wants around the entire room. Will be an interesting project, seeing as we don’t know what we’re doing, but hopefully won’t turn out awful!

IMG_8071.jpeg
IMG_8072.jpegIMG_8073.jpeg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Husband wants to style the guest room like a little speakeasy, so did some tiny changes today to get started. Haven’t replaced an outlet in years! Fuck this push-in shit. I don’t know why they couldn’t have just used the ol’ hook method. Broke one of my pin vices trying to push the little button in to free up the wire and just straight up broke the button on another. Either way, got a whopping two outlets done before I was sick of sitting on the floor. No electrocutions! Have some speciality light switches and plates he ordered coming in next week, so that’ll be fun as well I’m sure. Also have these slatted wall panels he wants around the entire room. Will be an interesting project, seeing as we don’t know what we’re doing, but hopefully won’t turn out awful!

View attachment 529460
View attachment 529461View attachment 529462
these?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 529460
View attachment 529461View attachment 529462
Just my two cents : You and he are going to hate how much you have to clean the slats. They attract dust like a magnet. But they'll look really nice, regardless. Take a pic of the finished product.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

Mine looked like this. Couldn’t get a screwdriver in because the little button was so far in. Only thing I had was my flimsy pin vice. Felt like you needed three hands for this shit: one to hold the pin in, one to hold the outlet and one to actually pull out the damn wire. But I may be a retard.
IMG_8066.jpeg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Mine looked like this. Couldn’t get a screwdriver in because the little button was so far in. Only thing I had was my flimsy pin vice. Felt like you needed three hands for this shit: one to hold the pin in, one to hold the outlet and one to actually pull out the damn wire. But I may be a retard.
View attachment 529463
i think you slip a screwdriver in the slot
53c7b9cb95ab2e50d8760cf0f99e7a83.png

to depress the pin

*edit yup

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Lanx Lanx

is this what you were talking about for the Kobalt garage storage? Reading that conversation make me thing that I may as well do something with that space in the garage not being used by my truck. They have an 84" version and I've got about 96" on one wall between two windows I could use. And a $200 Lowe's giftcard from last Christmas.

1716169162986.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx

is this what you were talking about for the Kobalt garage storage? Reading that conversation make me thing that I may as well do something with that space in the garage not being used by my truck. They have an 84" version and I've got about 96" on one wall between two windows I could use. And a $200 Lowe's giftcard from last Christmas.

View attachment 529486
i was talking about the rail system
aa46bef6a6d7e212d3c70be4858239cc.png

i mean you can also add shelves and shit on top of the rail system too, if your needs are that way
5a117aba3da7600daba64dc56be4af37.png

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

The random dryer I got off Sams Club display unit started to have its motor go, I replaced its heater a year ago or so, but now its getting louder and louder - I do not think its any of the rollers or anything, you can spin it manually and there is no odd / mismatched resistance or sound - so I am fairly sure it is the motor, even with motor failure being rare.

Was checking things out randomly at a few places, the motor when I looked it up was $200 + me having to take the entire thing apart, so I told the wife we could get a new one if it was not too far off.

Lowes had a new LG on clearance, orig $1100, on clearance for $419 so we got that- apparently it is /really/ sensitive to exhaust vent obstruction so- now I get to redo the exhaust tube just to give it a nice new path... not much of a big deal.. but there is always something.... and the old outside vent duct cover just turned to tons of little shards when I touched it- so the new one is metal this time. Thinking of doing the whole thing with rigid tube until right at the dryer, its not a far run, 6-8ft. And the dryer was normal clearance, not open box or return so it was new-new.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
fucking hell, i'm almost done rehabbing my lawn to kgb/rye (instead of all clover, lulz) and i walk in my backyard and my foot sinks in... and i see a tunnel

bought 2 gonna see how it works, unless someone had something better?

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nope I had 4 between like 38k and 45k. They just legitimately thought people would pay it.
Remember when Home Depot had the slogan, "You can do it, we can help." That was, before some retard sued them... Their new slogan should be, "You have to do it, we can help."

Last year, I painted one of my houses. It was 2400 sqft interior job, 9 spaces/rooms, and I did the whole thing for about $1000 cost of materials and 2 days of my life.

For a 2500 sqft job, you could fly someone in from across the country, rent a car, put them up in a hotel, buy a top of the line sprayer, and all the paint for probably $7,000. Then pay $200 an hour for 3 days, $4,800. Then if you are generous give them another $100 a day for food. For a grand total of $12,100.

Who are these crooks and who is paying them $45k for 2500 sqft?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Remember when Home Depot had the slogan, "You can do it, we can help." That was, before some retard sued them... Their new slogan should be, "You have to do it, we can help."

Last year, I painted one of my houses. It was 2400 sqft interior job, 9 spaces/rooms, and I did the whole thing for about $1000 cost of materials and 2 days of my life.

For a 2500 sqft job, you could fly someone in from across the country, rent a car, put them up in a hotel, buy a top of the line sprayer, and all the paint for probably $7,000. Then pay $200 an hour for 3 days, $4,800. Then if you are generous give them another $100 a day for food. For a grand total of $12,100.

Who are these crooks and who is paying them $45k for 2500 sqft?
It's insanity. And unlike drywall or tile or something, painting isn't that difficult. Watch a few hours of YouTube videos and you can get good results as an amateur.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Ill paint your house for 10k lol

I did mine 1800sq ft, one 5gal did all main walls, gal of trim color

Not including stupid ceilings hehe