Homeland

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Echoing what most have said above, the show has completely nosedived the past few episodes, it doesn't even feel like the same show as the past 1.5 seasons. Also - Dana has got to be the worst character/actress in a show ever. Every time she is on screen it's like nails on a chalkboard for me.
Dana is pretty terrible. She completely flips her position on a whim when it suits the drama in the show. "Mike, you need to leave so my dad has a place...." 3 months later "Dad, Mike was a better father!" Ugh. I know they are trying to explain her angst with the idiotic hit and run storyline but it's just not working. Combine that with the fact that she's an idiot--who somehow believes her father was just fucking with them when they had to be moved under CIA protection in a safe house--and yeah, it's just terrible when she's on screen anymore.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My prediction is that Brody does not survive the final episode. Quinn won't be the trigger man though. It will be Brody's deranged, crippled marine buddy that pulls the trigger.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Apparently there are full finale spoilers kicking around the net as of today, fair warning before anyone clicks any links etc. Think I'll avoid the thread until Monday, I want to be surprised when Carrie blows up the CIA headquarters. Whoops!

I use to be a huge fan of this show, this last few episodes have gone off the wall though. I would be kinda surprised if they did renew this for next season, i have no idea where they would go especially if they off brody.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There's a hundred ways they could go if they off Brody. The problem with the show right now is that they are shoehorning him into the plot when his story has already played out. I am totally down for another season of Saul and Carrie vs. whoever but Brody is no longer relevant.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
From the preview at the end of the last episode, it looks like Carrie and Brody are doing a runner. Thanks to Carrie's inside knowledge and Brody's previous experience as a super-terrorist, they will beat the CIA and get away. In the third season, Brody will then subtly convert his newly found Bonnie over to the Islam. This extremly volatile couple will throw the US into total chaos, which is furthered by Saul exposing the CIA black-ops shenanigans.

Everbody thanks him though and he is appointed as the head of the CIA; he is the foremost expert on Carrie's mind and train of thought afterall. During the course of the season, the devilish "Carrdy" duo carries out a couple of terrorist attacks, but is tracked down by Saul eventually. In the inevitable shotout, Brody gets killed but has time to confess to Carrie how happy he is to be with Isaah again. Saul enters the room and stays there silently, pondering how it all could have come to this.

Carrie gets up, now completely out of her mind, walks towards Saul and says: "Heeeey, Saul, you know, we can fix this, you and me together". She starts fumbling around his arm, to which Saul replies: "What the fuck are you doing".

Dana storms into the room and shouts: "THE CIA DESTROYED MY FAMILIY! I HATE YOU!". She then throws a carton of sour milk at them. The end.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I use to be a huge fan of this show, this last few episodes have gone off the wall though. I would be kinda surprised if they did renew this for next season, i have no idea where they would go especially if they off brody.
It was renewed for season 3 even before they started airing S2.

Can't see the season finale saving this show, S2 was a disgraceful mess after the pure awesome of S1. Did they lose a buncha writers? How can something plummet from such great heights so quickly?

Stosh

I haven't seen any spoilers, and I've already made my prediction in this thread, but Brody has to die. There's no more Nazir or terrorist network to drive half the story and hang over his head. Living happily ever after with Carrie is a bullshit fairy tale. The director might as well film Damien Lewis pulling out his cock out and pissing on the camera if that's how they choose to end this story arc. Brody won't kill innocents, and the VP is already dead and like I earlier predicted, I can see Brody realizing the CIA through Carrie has done the same mind fuck to him as Nazir did and then finishing his terrorist suicide mission at the CIA/Congress/White House.

Cybsled

Interesting finale which I didn't see coming. Loved that scene with Quinn in Estes' house. The fact that the Brody video was "released" by Al Qaeda more or less proves there is a mole at the CIA. I kind of wonder if it's Saul now, even though his character owns. They seemed to be dropping lots of hints that he could be involved.

Interesting finale which I didn't see coming. Loved that scene with Quinn in Estes' house. The fact that the Brody video was "released" by Al Qaeda more or less proves there is a mole at the CIA. I kind of wonder if it's Saul now, even though his character owns. They seemed to be dropping lots of hints that he could be involved.
They had the video for a long time. Quite possible that they could have made a copy of it.

My biggest issue with this finale. Carrie spends, what, all of season 1 on Brody's balls, convinced that hes a terrorist, based ONLY on the weakest of circumstantial evidences. Then she witnesses a bomb blowing up half of the intelligence communityfrom Brody's car. . . and yet rules him out as a suspect in 30 seconds. WHAT ?!

Kaio

Sleeping and being with a guy makes you trust them even if you shouldn't. As a highly trained operative she may also have the training or at least the ego to believe she can detect whether Brody is honest or not.

Sleeping and being with a guy makes you trust them even if you shouldn't. As a highly trained operative she may also have the training or at least the ego to believe she can detect whether Brody is honest or not.
Don't buy it. Even after she fucked him in the parking lot and after the first getaway to the cabin, she only backed off the first time after Tom Walker surfaced. Soon she was back on Brody's tail. Then she witnesses an explosion from his car and yet, despite pretty damning proof, she casually swats away her suspicions. I'm not saying Brody actually did it, but that just seems oddly incongruous with the Carrie that they have written.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I liked what they tried to do with the ending, but it was sloppy. How the hell is Carrie going to explain where she was for the day that she was missing? How is she going to explain that they never will find Brody's body? There were a LOT of recovered bodies there, I would imagine they can probably account for everyone there. Massive plot hole to start off season 3.

Cybsled

Don't buy it. Even after she fucked him in the parking lot and after the first getaway to the cabin, she only backed off the first time after Tom Walker surfaced. Soon she was back on Brody's tail. Then she witnesses an explosion from his car and yet, despite pretty damning proof, she casually swats away her suspicions. I'm not saying Brody actually did it, but that just seems oddly incongruous with the Carrie that they have written.
I think the biggest piece of evidence that Brody didn't do it was the fact that the suicide vest video was recycled for this, making it seem like the video was made for this event (which it wasn't).