Homeland

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I have doubts sal ordered the hit on her. I'm leaning towards the Chief been behind it. She values her position more than anything.

spronk

FPS noob
some weird shit going on there with the hit, doesn't make any sense really. maybe the CIA is trying to negotiate with some ISIS hardcore guys and one of their terms is killing carrie, like it'll turn out that someone she fucked over in the past is a big fish in ISIS. red head boss chick killing her doesn't make a ton of sense, does she even have anything to do with handling Quinn? if she did, she would know the close relationships quinn, saul, and carrie have.

the ISIS recruiter chick didn't say Patel before quinn shot her, she said bitte (please). I was honestly expecting it to be a different chick with the hijab thing, but i guess quinn verified its her?

love carrie in this beast war mode she is in, I do enjoy the theme of the season of how much is freedom worth vs. being safe. really awesome decision to place the season in germany and middle east, way more interesting than DC politics

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have doubts sal ordered the hit on her. I'm leaning towards the Chief been behind it. She values her position more than anything.
I don't think its a character we know yet (or have been led to believe is important). The red headed Chief being in on Quinn's off the books assassinations at all seems unlikely. My guess is that it has something to do with Dar back in DC. That would seem like something he'd be cool with as he is a big picture kind of guy.

Szlia

I feel it's a bit shark-jumpy that Quinn's 3rd target is Carrie in episode 2 of - what? - a 12 episodes season? Especially when you consider they have no idea if she was involved or not with the leak.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
some weird shit going on there with the hit, doesn't make any sense really. maybe the CIA is trying to negotiate with some ISIS hardcore guys and one of their terms is killing carrie, like it'll turn out that someone she fucked over in the past is a big fish in ISIS. red head boss chick killing her doesn't make a ton of sense, does she even have anything to do with handling Quinn? if she did, she would know the close relationships quinn, saul, and carrie have.

the ISIS recruiter chick didn't say Patel before quinn shot her, she said bitte (please). I was honestly expecting it to be a different chick with the hijab thing, but i guess quinn verified its her?

love carrie in this beast war mode she is in, I do enjoy the theme of the season of how much is freedom worth vs. being safe. really awesome decision to place the season in germany and middle east, way more interesting than DC politics
oops my bad guess i just wanted to hear Patel. yea that was one of the agreements, he has to provide proof of death.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So, Quin is pretty much going to have to help Carrie fake her death, right? He can't just ignore the contract because the CIA will just put another random hitman on the job.

I see the next 10 episodes playing out as Quin helping Carrie get out of the middle east, while also faking her death to get the CIA assassins off her tail, and then her & Quin trying to figure out who is behind the plot to kill her.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The backlash is real
"We're not necessarily going to stay now and forever [focusing on] US relations in the Muslim world . We're exploring a few different possibilities and may change it up a little bit."
Get your ching-chong up to snuff, they going to Korean S6

and no, NKorea doesn't have any hot girls, those are all SKoreans.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If the muslims don't want to be depicted as terrorists by hollywood they should stop living up to the stereotype so often. Does anyone think the CIA is not spending about 90% of their time on the Middle East and people who came from there?

All this nonsense going on with Russia right now could make for a fun season though.

spronk

FPS noob
Jesus Christ that was an intense episode. Her little breakdown was insane, really cool seeing that student she sexed up and got murdered come to haunt her was cool. No more Brodie dreams either!

Saul and Dar are planning on assassinating Assad, that's the takeaway from their conversation, right? Dayum. That's like some 20 minutes into the future kinda stuff, really cool.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I disliked that Carrie outright admitted she has Bi-Polar super hunch powers. That was too much.

Szlia

Actually she gave a pretty good assessment of the situation. In True Detective she would have said: "My best self is just a little before my worst self." That's also why she asks her friend to assist her: to pull the plug when the worst self appears.

Anyway, it feels the pacing is almost back to the speed of season one. What I mean by that, is that they introduce stuff that can absolutely last a season and resolve it in one episode or less. German guy has a dangerous job he wants to do in Lebanon: one episode. Carrie stays behind to investigate in Lebanon: half an episode. Quinn black ops people: one episode. Quinn black ops Carrie: one episode, etc, etc. And for now they do that without being retarded like in season 2 (I guess one can argue about CIA killing its ex agents or hacker dude remotely triggering fire alarms in the super secure foundation building that the CIA can't hack into...).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
gun ppl, is it bullshit that Quinns vest stops a hunting rifle bullet? I mean i thought vests were good for handguns at best. Also even if it did, no way Quinn could secret agent himself all the way up those hills and choke a bitch out after getting slammed w/ the force of a mac truck in some part of your back?

Also Quinn is hitman, this is obviously not a hit, so already on his second assignment(that hes on his own) he's going against orders.

Also, good for you Saul, anything is a trade up from that goatfucker bitch of a wife he's had for 4 seasons. Even if it is someone with a Carrie complex.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
First of all its TV. Second of all, you're right if it was a Law Enforcement type vest. The plated military vests are designed to stop .30 cal weapons (AK-47) which is what a lot of hunting rifles are as well. So it isn't outside the realm of possibility. He probably would not get up so fast though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
First of all its TV. Second of all, you're right if it was a Law Enforcement type vest. The plated military vests are designed to stop .30 cal weapons (AK-47) which is what a lot of hunting rifles are as well. So it isn't outside the realm of possibility. He probably would not get up so fast though.
ah, looks like you insert 4 ceramic plates into the vest, i guess they shatter on impact to spread the kinetic force
Modular_Tactical_Vest_components.jpg

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
There should be a Carrier countdown to next breakdown.
Countdown restarted.

The writes do use that state to tease us. Back on season one, she figured out the relationship between Brody, Issa and Abu Nazir, while on it. But aferwards, they made it so she forgot about it. Plus all the other stuff she has done while on it.
Crazy Carrie is the best Carrie.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Shouldn't she have passed out shortly after taking those pills? I thought one was supposedly a relatively fast acting sedative? If that is the case, how was she alert enough to snipe Quinn?

Anyway, very curious to see what he ends up doing with her. It was a little anti-climatic because you just knew neither of them were actually going to die.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
most sedatives make you drowsy but they dont knock you out like a tranquilizer, if she was psycho paranoid enough she probably could have fought through.