Homesteading and Hobby Farm/Ranch

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Anyone here have a llama? Interested in getting goats but I have a very dense population of predators (coyote, bobcats, etc). LGD - I don’t think I have the time to commit to training one. Guard donkey - hates dogs and I’d eventually like to get a dog. Guard llama - always wanted a llama.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
So I know this may be a real shocker to most of you but I was a little impulsive in starting my food forest. I should have spent more time prior doing soil correction. 70% of my soil is complete shit sand. It drains too well… Looks like I’m going to need lots of soil amendments to get organic matter in there to hold water.

Running 6 compost piles at the moment and about to scale up to 9 but I just can’t get my compost to heat up no matter how much green I add to it.. Compost thermometer stays at 80 degrees.

Any pro-composters out there? Curious if anyone has a secret recipe..

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The superior cock feed

20230208_131208.jpg

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So I know this may be a real shocker to most of you but I was a little impulsive in starting my food forest. I should have spent more time prior doing soil correction. 70% of my soil is complete shit sand. It drains too well… Looks like I’m going to need lots of soil amendments to get organic matter in there to hold water.

Running 6 compost piles at the moment and about to scale up to 9 but I just can’t get my compost to heat up no matter how much green I add to it.. Compost thermometer stays at 80 degrees.

Any pro-composters out there? Curious if anyone has a secret recipe..

nobody actually believes you you know

• 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
nobody actually believes you you know
Funny because I sure do know a lot about what I’m talking about for someone who’s lying.

Keep seething you monocroppers

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Funny because I sure do know a lot about what I’m talking about for someone who’s lying.

Keep seething you monocroppers

congrats you watched some youtube, you can practically see your "watch next" recommendation list in the way your posts have played out - I bet you're like a day or three away from posting about how you're starting a market garden and gonna make 50k an acre, all no till of course

• 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
congrats you watched some youtube, you can practically see your "watch next" recommendation list in the way your posts have played out - I bet you're like a day or three away from posting about how you're starting a market garden and gonna make 50k an acre, all no till of course
Lol have you read my post? I have 0 plans for a market garden. I’ll do raised beds soon and a greenhouse maybe in the fall. I’m making a food forest.. Regenerative agriculture.. Im emulating the natural lifecycle of a forest except mine will make food.. A mix of Bill Mollison and a little anarchy.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Blazin Blazin can attest for me - I’ve sent him pictures of my utv with commercial mower in pm because I trust him. Im a homesteader.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Lol have you read my post? I have 0 plans for a market garden. I’ll do raised beds soon and a greenhouse maybe in the fall. I’m making a food forest.. Regenerative agriculture.. Im emulating the natural lifecycle of a forest except mine will make food.. A mix of Bill Mollison and a little anarchy.
You will be growing Hungry Man tv dinners and hot dogs from 7-11?

• 1Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Amod Amod this is adult forum thread. My posts are legitimate and on topic. Blazin Blazin can vouch for me. This trolling is stupid and off topic.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
“I have zero plans for….” Proceeds to lay out his plans

and my posts are on topic, just disagreeable. If anything you should be shawed immediately for unwarranted mod summons and general crybabyness

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
“I have zero plans for….” Proceeds to lay out his plans

and my posts are on topic, just disagreeable. If anything you should be shawed immediately for unwarranted mod summons and general crybabyness
I don’t think you understand what a market garden, permaculture or food forestry are…

Here’s a peak

And he's a super knowledgeable farmer who didn't do soil tests before planting.
I’m not a “farmer”. The soil is sandy. I don’t believe in tilling or any soil modifications other than what can go on top.. I plant fruit trees high and tight in native soil with no initial amendments.

Soil test isn’t necessary up front if I already know ph. It will only benefit me now in making micro adjustments for amendments to lay on top to decompose.
He offered to be my realtor. Bro I'm not black stop tryna harvest my log.
Not true. I offered to tell you some areas to avoid if they happened to overlap with areas you I’m familiar with. I’ve actually made recommendations to several forum members on areas of central Florida to look at when they were considering moving to Florida. Not sure if they ever materialized. I’ll have to search my PMs and follow up.