Horizon: Zero Dawn

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly had more deaths because of the fucking camera than I've had of anything else. Only fought like 3 stormbirds throughout my playthrough so I am not used to dealing with them. Seem to be way less common than Thunderjaw. Fight those so often I fuck them up bad.

Not the dive attack that's the easy one. Its where they just sort of walk towards you and do a small leap. Then do it again right after you roll out of the way of it. Just super fucking annoying.
I just use the [lodge] ropecaster on them before they can do anything. Once tied down, freeze it and pepper with sticky bombs just like everything else.

I think my worst fight in this game on very hard was the Zeta Cauldron where you fight the Thunderjaw. Which is shitty only because that area is SUPER tiny.
Yeah, but you can still rope it so the size of the area doesn't really matter. If anything it was the easiest thunderjaw to kill for me, since there was no chance of losing the mine launchers in terrain. Rope it, tear off all the armor/weapons, freeze it, and the mine launcher wrecks it in seconds.

spronk

FPS noob
The cauldrons are pretty easy, before you fight the main "boss" just lay down a shit load of traps and tripcaster lines all over the arena. If you get the skill that lets you reclaim unused traps you don't even really waste anything at the end. You can literally just run around the map baiting things into all your traps. For one of the cauldrons almost all my damage was via traps.

Yeah the FOV caused me the most problems too, not as bad as ME:A but still it gets a little annoying trying to figure out where something just attacked you from and not being able to see it. Stormbird has a lot of ways to bring it down; the 6 engines broken down via tear will keep it grounded, taking out the two blaze canisters under its wings will do a lot of damage, I personally always tried to take out its center lightning gun first since it did a lot of damage. Ropecaster works great on the thing to give you time to setup for precision shots. Its pretty easy to run far away from it and reset the fight (but it keeps all the damage it has taken and won't heal up), I think a difficulty level where resetting a mob brings it back up to full HP and armor/items would be a lot more challenging. Glad they didn't tie the plat trophy to difficulty though.

Trading the game in today, gives $37 at gamestop with 50% bonus towards switch game pre order ($40 at best buy starting sunday, no gimmicks). Definitely a highlight in gaming for the year and makes me realize I just shouldn't accept a shitty game like ME:A as acceptable.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It makes me sad to think that piece of shit ME:A will outsell HZD and probably score just as well or higher. I hope I'm wrong but I have little faith in gamers or the gaming press to treat that game like they should.

Vaclav

It makes me sad to think that piece of shit ME:A will outsell HZD and probably score just as well or higher. I hope I'm wrong but I have little faith in gamers or the gaming press to treat that game like they should.

I'd not be so sure of that, H:ZD is at 2.6m+ already, ME3 from what I see peaked at 3.5m total.... And if as many ME fans are skipping this one as it sounds, losing 1m would have them losing that race.

spronk

FPS noob
its like ghostbusters all over, will SJWs or redpillers win (the rest of us lose sadly)

• 1Solidarity

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I'll treat ME:A just like any other game - wait for you guys to play it and report back and then buy/skip based on that. Worked so far.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I love how the autosaves are right when I'm in front of an enemy, so every time I load into the game and I'm texting I get ass rammed by something because I wasn't staring at the screen.
muthafucking lounge, bro. out of nowhere.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished the main story.. Incredibly well done. I thought the final fight was a bit.. underwhelming. It could have used something more.. I'll probably play it again at some point.. Just kind of wandering around doing little side quests and shit now.

spronk

FPS noob
how many gallons of semen will be spilled if CDPR announces their Cyberpunk game and release date at this E3

• 1Solidarity

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I did all the required side quests for the All Allies trophy and yet I'm not triggering the trophy. THis is the third time I'm doing the final mission.

Any ideas? Its the last trophy I need.

The eleven Side Quests you need to complete are:
  1. Traitor’s Bounty
  2. Queen’s Gambit - Available after completing "Traitor's Bounty"
  3. A Moments Peace
  4. A Daughter’s Vengeance
  5. Sun and Shadow
  6. Honor the Fallen
  7. Sunstone Rock
  8. Hunting For the Lodge - Errand Side Quest
  9. Hunter’s Blind - Available after completing "Hunting For the Lodge"
  10. Deadliest Game - Errand Side Quest - Available after completing "Hunter's Blind"
  11. Redmaw - Available after completing "Deadliest Game"
And I completed every single one of those. Idk what to do.

Vorph

Did you check to see if everyone is where they're supposed to be at the gate/spire? I don't remember all their names but I think there's 7 at the gate (+Nil but he doesn't matter for the trophy) and 5 at the spire.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'd verify each of the NPCs is at their locations, its either in the gate area and at the spire. you can scan to find the blue bodies and talk to each of them, i just put all their names in notepad and checked off after I talked to each of them

1) Teb
2) Elida
3) Vanesha
4) Uthid
5) Aluki
6) Nakoa
7) Janeva
8) Petra
9) Varl
10) Sona
11) Namman
12) Erend
13) Talanah

(Nil is NOT required). After you have verified you have talked to all of them and visited both spire/gate, go to bed and when you wake up the trophy should complete. it pops after you wake up, you do not need to redo the boss battle (although you can, i thought that was one helluva final battle and i was down to like 10 seconds on the timer albeit first try and i was using bombs like they were candy)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I've been light on reading this thread just because I want to avoid spoilers, but can I get a yes/no on are there any permanently missable collectables like the data points, etc. or is pretty much anywhere in the game accessible forever so I can go back and get stuff I missed?

Vorph

I think the only missable ones are Tallnecks (if you don't rappel down).

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
This game is somewhat close to perfection that is witcher 3.

12 hours in and probably still got 30 more hours of gameplay....

Better than my bloodborne experience...that is for sure...

• 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob
I've been light on reading this thread just because I want to avoid spoilers, but can I get a yes/no on are there any permanently missable collectables like the data points, etc. or is pretty much anywhere in the game accessible forever so I can go back and get stuff I missed?

nothing is missable, when the game ends you are put back into the game world right before the final boss battle (as if it didn't happen) and you are free to go anywhere and finish up anything including quests, collectibles, etc. For the plat trophy you never need to replay the game or anything, you can do it all in one play through even if you just jam right through the main story and finish you can finish everything up afterwards including every trophy.