Horizon: Zero Dawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Didn't see this posted yet.
Anyone know anything about this? The trailer just popped up on my ps4 store.

edit:

Some gameplay videos that Fedor posted on page 2-

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
Game looks like it could be unique and definitely graphically impressive.

Interested but holding out until some solid reviews or gameplay videos near release date...

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game looks like it could be unique and definitely graphically impressive.

Interested but holding out until some solid reviews or gameplay videos near release date...
This is where I am at. It looks pretty as hell and has an interesting concept but I am awaiting some solid reviews before purchasing it.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is one of the 4 or 5 games on PS4 I'm waiting to actually hit and see end quality before buying in to a console for the first time since... PS2? Wii? Anyway, hope it is as good as it looks

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Been watching this and I'm just praying it scratches my itch for a pretty looking Monster Hunter. I realize its open world but I'm hoping there is some serious depth to the crafting. The concept is fantastic.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah keeping an eye on this myself. Looks like it could be good but nervous about all the delays.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been watching this and I'm just praying it scratches my itch for a pretty looking Monster Hunter. I realize its open world but I'm hoping there is some serious depth to the crafting. The concept is fantastic.

No kidding killing giant robo dinosaurs to salvage bits to clobber together weapons equipment needed is a great concept. How this works in practice will be the key though. I am hopeful and if it gets even decent reviews I likely will wind up picking it up.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I can't believe that some of the pre-orders that are already up on ps4 are for 12 months from now.

Anyways, I don't know anything other than what's in the video.

Is this a survival game like Ark? ( and is ark worth getting on ps4?)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If it plays as good as it looks I will be picking this one up. I think mass effect andromeda also comes out around the same time though so going to be some ouchy to the pocket book in late feb/march.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If it plays as good as it looks I will be picking this one up. I think mass effect andromeda also comes out around the same time though so going to be some ouchy to the pocket book in late feb/march.

Amazon prime or Best Buy Gamer's Club. $47.99 for each game. Best Buy Certs from rewards will also offset if you have any. No one should be paying a full 60 for any game ever with these two memberships, which will pay for itself after 2 games with Best Buy.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That game play Fedor linked has me practically sold on this game. I hardly ever buy stuff at full price now, but this game looks really good. Hope it really pans out.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It makes me think of a much more open world Tomb Raider reboot but I enjoyed the gameplay in those so I'd be alright with that. And the story is almost impossible to make worse than those :p

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't believe that some of the pre-orders that are already up on ps4 are for 12 months from now.
Yeah, Sony even puts movies up for pre-order before they hit theaters. And unless they've changed policy recently they charge you immediately and do not like to give refunds if you change your mind. People have to be crazy to pre-order anything on PSN imo.

On the other hand, Amazon also puts up pre-orders for games a year or more before release, but doesn't charge you until the day it ships, you can cancel anytime you want, and they reduce the price of your order if it goes on sale. I pre-ordered Horizon back in Nov. '15 and will only be paying a little over $40 for it because the price dropped sometime along the way.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That trailer looks good. May have to borrow a PS4 if this is worth a shit.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Is this like a....resident evil thing? I don't know what to call it, but 3rd person that takes place in mini-zones (like a single room, section of a cave, etc).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Is this like a....resident evil thing? I don't know what to call it, but 3rd person that takes place in mini-zones (like a single room, section of a cave, etc).
Have you even watched any of the videos? Looks more like The Witcher than RE...

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yea, but the only gameplay i've seen in an open-world looking setting is riding around on the mount.

I just want to see some extended gameplay and combat.