Horrible horrible pain.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Not looking for a diagnosis, I will be going to the ER in a few hours if it doesn't get better.

Edit: it's the left side, not the right. Only major organ I saw on the left was the spleen

I am having the absolute worst pain I have ever felt in my life. It basically feels like my ribs/sternum are being torn apart any time I take more than a shallow breath. Coughing or anything like that drops me to my knees. The pain is so intense. If I sit up and breathe shallow it is remotely tolerable, but anything else brings tears to my eyes and damn near makes me vomit.

Symptoms started Monday, lasted a few hours and went away. Came back with a vengeance Thursday night. I am also running a 101+ fever for 4-5 hours at a time.

Urgent care said to go to the ER, I don't have insurance and don't want to pay out of pocket if it's just something I can wait out. But right now it's at the point where I will pay whatever to not feel this pain.

2 10mg hydrocodone didn't even take the edge off.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Not looking for a diagnosis, I will be going to the ER in a few hours if it doesn't get better.

Edit: it's the left side, not the right. Only major organ I saw on the left was the spleen

I am having the absolute worst pain I have ever felt in my life. It basically feels like my ribs/sternum are being torn apart any time I take more than a shallow breath. Coughing or anything like that drops me to my knees. The pain is so intense. If I sit up and breathe shallow it is remotely tolerable, but anything else brings tears to my eyes and damn near makes me vomit.

Symptoms started Monday, lasted a few hours and went away. Came back with a vengeance Thursday night. I am also running a 101+ fever for 4-5 hours at a time.

Urgent care said to go to the ER, I don't have insurance and don't want to pay out of pocket if it's just something I can wait out. But right now it's at the point where I will pay whatever to not feel this pain.

2 10mg hydrocodone didn't even take the edge off.
Uhh, go now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dude what the fuck. Even if you don't have insurance, you're feeling symptoms that are making you tear up and want to vomit. This isn't one of those "wait it out" moments. The fever would have me even more worried. Go to the ER man, figure out how to pay later.. not worth it to wait around.

What the fuck is the point of this thread anyways? You're only going to get people telling you to get off the computer and go now.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Could be pancreas too. Could be a lung infection that's getting out of hand.

Like BoldW said.

Go now.

And good luck. Hopefully it'll turn out to be nothing, or at least nothing major.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. I'm going to the ER, and can afford it just wanted opinions. I've heard anything from gas bubble to lung cancer.

The in laws are on their way now, I don't want to risk driving

Neki

Molten Core Raider
It's AIDS. Sorry Bro.

But seriously, get yourself to hospital. Health > Money

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Did you tell them you're having left side pain and trouble breathing? You shouldn't be "sitting". Or did they triage you already?

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
In a triage room now, or whatever you call it. A PA and a few nurses have been by, doc will be shortly. All uggos so far. Just got an IV painkiller and I think Valium. Still much pain but I don't care as much now. Lol

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Alright, good. Hang in there man, it's scary shit but the fact that you aren't on a table being worked on right now is probably a good sign.

Don't worry about the cost right now, just make sure you ask lots of questions and don't let them shuffle you out without giving you a good answer about what's going on.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
A few years? Fuck that shit. Hope they figure it out, dude.
frown.png

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Costochondritis isn't that big of a deal, if that's what it turns out to be you're pretty lucky. I've had it in the past.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Costochondritis? Is that all? As long as they checked your troponin levels and they came back good you should be fine.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Oh, it can hurt a fucking LOT. So can pleurisy, which I had recently. Neither are serious unless they're linked to something else though.

Did they do an EKG?

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Pretty much. Make sure you look for all the little stickers when you go home. I've had a few EKGs myself and I always miss one of the ones on my ankle until I go to take a shower.