Horror Movies

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Having a month long movie marathon with my roommate and some friends. Looking for some genuinely terrifying movies to play besides the obvious ones (Exorcist, any slashers flicks, ect)

So far:
Insidious
Ju-on
The Mist
The Thing
Jacob's Ladder

What are some of your favorites?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just saw Insidious last night for the first time. I think it was pretty damn good, but the last ~10 minutes ended a tad weak. I dont really get freaked by anything horror, but there was some tense moments throughout the film.

The day before I watched Evil Dead (new one) and thought it was simply ok. Quite a gore fest, though.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The Ring fucked me up more than any other horror film I've seen. Saying that, I don't tend to watch a lot of actual horror films - more the Freddy/Jason type stuff.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
John Carpenter
Halloween
The Fog
The Thing

David Cronenburg

Rabid
The Brood
Scanners
Videodrome
The Fly

George Romero
Night of The Living Dead
Dawn of The Dead
Creepshow
Day of The Dead

Tobe Hooper

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Salem's Lot
Poltergeist
Life Force

Peter Jackson
Dead Alive

Stuart Gordon
Re-animator
From Beyond

Wes Craven
Nightmare On Elm Street
Nightmare on Elm Street 3 (screenplay)
Deadly Friend(its a must see even if its ridiculous)
New Nightmare

Stephen King (adaptions)
Salem's Lot
Carrie
Shining
Christine
Pet Semetary
Cujo
Creepshow
Children of The Corn
Thinner
The Mist

miscellaneous
Return of The Living Dead
Cabin in The Woods
Night of The Scarecrow
The Car
Alien
The Exorcist
The Tingler
The Birds
The Howling
Phantasm

im sure im missing a ton of other good ones

Lina_sl

shitlord
Audition is one of my Halloween must sees every damn year.

I haven't really been looking forward to any new release this year. Would be nice to be excited about some new (or old) scary film.

Juvarisx

Florida
Rec (not sure if thats obvious)
The Omen (1976 version fuck the remake)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), this is in my opinion one of the best films of the 70's
It (again not sure if obvious, but i hate clowns)
Rosemary's Baby
Creep Show
Let the Right one In (i liked both foreign and US version, but the Swedish one is better)

Juvarisx

Florida
Reading Chuk's list +1 on Re-animator and Videodrome. Though Videodrome is a fucking weird movie.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Good mentions already, but I'll name some that weren't listed yet.

The Changeling (1980), The Others, and The Woman in Black (2012).

All three are "subtle" scary films, not relying on gore, but can be downright creepy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
as a kid i could watch marathons of horror movies and go to bed and be just fine. after videodrome i had a friggin nightmare. that shit fucked with me.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I just saw videodrome like 2 years ago. Fucking weird.

Good suggestions all, keep em coming if you want
biggrin.png

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm not going to list all the old popular Horror Movies cause that list could go on for days.

Of the new stuff I'm addicted to all the Blair Witch knock offs

1) paranormal activity series
2) sinister series
3) insidious series
4) The conjuring series
5) Grave encounter series
6) Dark skies series
7) Apartment 143 series

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
as a kid i could watch marathons of horror movies and go to bed and be just fine. after videodrome i had a friggin nightmare. that shit fucked with me.
Same. As a kid, nothing bothered me at all. Except fucking Jaws! I guess I knew better that horror movies were just made up stories, but I lived in Florida and god damn it, sharks are fucking real!! I remember lying in bed that night making sure not one single inch of arm or leg was hanging off the bed for fear some magic floor shark would bite it off! Funny as hell in retrospect.

Column_sl

shitlord
The only movies that freaked me out as a kid was Poltergeist, and Amytville.

Then I watched the Documentary, and it was creepier then the film.

Excorcist didn't bother me at all, was just cool to watch.

EmiliaEQ_sl

shitlord
Honestly as i grow up i tend to be more and more insensitive to "horror/gore/monsters" and more bothered by stuff like Sheitan/Inside/Hostel with are "unsettling".

Of course Evil Dead II scared me, just like RandomGhostStory N?19 (pick one) but they are not "hard to watch", does anyone else feel something like this too ?

Terial

Trakanon Raider
i'm an avid horror movie watcher, and have not been freaked out since i was a kid i guess. Perhaps too desensitized now. I have not seen any movie that has gotten me scared or made me jump in over 15 years i guess.

As a kid though, the movie that freaked me the hell out was "The Blob" and not for just being a gelatinous mass that sucked people into hair salon sinks but they showed us kids this fucking movie at sleep-away camp! where older kids where up in the rafters of the fucking movie house dropping slim on us kids! The damn kid next to me got hit right in the face... i never ran so fast in my life!
so yea, FU blob!