Horse Racing 2016

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Just wanted to post a thread to see if anyone else likes doing horse racing.

Throwing out and obligatory don't bet money you can't afford line since horse racing is considered legal gambling & nobody here is responsible if you blow your 3rd mortgage on a long shot someone suggests.

Figured I'd make a thread and see if there was any interest. Just tell stories if you've gone, done well, done poorly, if you went to an OTB and won 20 bucks. Whatever.

I'm around the Chicago area and the Arlington Million is coming up Aug 13th. I will definitely be making some bets.

For the Three Crown Races so far I've made ~500 bucks this year. Not a ton of money but I'm happy with it.

300 was for the Belmont Steaks, got the winner & Win/Place/Show order correct.

Last edited:

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
My wife is an avid horse racing bettor, I stick to sports for the most part. Usually we watch the races on NBCSN and use my online account to bet them. Let me know what you like on the 13th and I'll follow ya.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Did pretty good today, got about 150 bucks and only bet 40. Missed the pick 5 by the last horse (the million winner) or that've been nice.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Your bets playing well. I've boxed most as Tri's rarely play a super. Hit the exacta with Masochist and AP Indian, have turned it around, up $3130 now. Appreciate the link.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Your bets playing well. I've boxed most as Tri's rarely play a super. Hit the exacta with Masochist and AP Indian, have turned it around, up $3130 now. Appreciate the link.

It's a mixed bag honestly. As in all things, go with your gut but I do like to look at the picks when posted. I'm hoping Cali Chrome wins race 12 since Sherman ghost dropped out. Got a lot of supers & high fives on that race.

Good luck.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Freaking California Chrome...like 3/4 to the finish line he was just jogging, and I guess the jokey didn't realize someone was passing him until it was too late. Lost about 70 bucks. Oh well not the end of the world but kinda pisses me off because I'd of has several winners if CC won hah.