Hotline Miami 2

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hotline Miami 2is supposed to be coming out this year, though no release date yet. They have confirmed a level editor this time around, so that could add some lasting replay value beyond trying to murder people real fast.

Who's ready for another round of ultra-violence?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Release day! I am remote installing now, hoping to get in a quick first look over lunch.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Game delivers. Combat is more of the same, soundtrack is improved, story so far is every bit a mind fuck.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I only got to do the first few lvls. The combat feels less random and the controls are a little smoother. Both of which are good things IMO.

Szlia

Bought! It would have been wise to play the first one again ahead of launch though. The gap between how well I played and how bad I play is a bit unpleasant!

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I finished this about a week after buying it. Combat felt a bit smoother and less random, but I didn't like the level design as much. Too much focus on long range gun combat rather than the visceral melee that dominated the first game.

All in all, I enjoyed it. Anyone else play through it?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Not much else to say besides it was awesome. Only real complaint is that they did add a somewhat cohesive story to it this time around, but it's just as hard to follow and you'll probably wind up having to read a spoiler to sort it all out.

Ending hallucination level was epic as tits though.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I liked the character hopping and various things added to the game but hated the amount of random bad guy movement and off-screen snipes. The first game played like a puzzle game, this you have to play like a stealth game.

Szlia

I enjoyed the variety induced by the multiple characters story and loved the epic final (both the gameplay section and credit section of it), but some levels are too damn long and, at least on PS4, you spend your life pressing the "look far ahead" button and you still get gunned down now and again by guys you never get to see (also, since bullets have infinite range until they hit something, the shotgun is the ultimate sniper rifle as it has a cone of death while the others have a cone of fire).

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Good game, played the hell out of it. I enjoyed the forced character variety, it mixed things up. I probably would've stuck to one move set if it weren't for that. I thought the swan duo was pretty badass, and I actually enjoyed fist-fighting with the tiger dude. Grabbing dogs and beating the shit out of the bouncer dudes with your punches is good times.