House cleaning services

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I'm a lazy fuck and hate cleaning my house but also hate living in a fucking pig pen, which is what it's turning into since wifey moved out. Some of the larger chain type house cleaners seem over priced so I mainly looking for a smaller local business. I have a 4 bedroom, maybe 2,200 sq ft house. Anyone have any experience with this shit? Looking around a budget of $150-250 a month.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It all depends where you live. In metro Chicago, Polish cleaning ladies are a dime a dozen.

My mother in law has a house as big as you and she pays $75 for 4 women to come and clean her house every other week. They get there about 6:45 and are out by 8 (in the morning)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, get yourself some foreigners. If they are available around where you live. Cheap and they do a good job. Just ask around.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I pay $50 bucks for my 1100sq ft 3 bedroom apartment in suburbia CT. Polish lady cleaning service. They do a real shitty job but still more than I want to do.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
illegal German here, ?15 an hour, takes around 4 hours to clean up our mess of two weeks, then it's absolutely spotless.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm a lazy fuck and hate cleaning my house but also hate living in a fucking pig pen, which is what it's turning into since wifey moved out. Some of the larger chain type house cleaners seem over priced so I mainly looking for a smaller local business. I have a 4 bedroom, maybe 2,200 sq ft house. Anyone have any experience with this shit? Looking around a budget of $150-250 a month.
Almost the same thing here as well. 2,200 ish sq feet, $80 every other week, one lady. She does a great job and alternates some of the more heavy duty stuff each visit. Usually gets here at 8am and is gone by 10:30am. Our house is really just 4 big rooms and we don't have a lot of furniture.

I'm not sure what you'll be asking her to do though. If your place is a pig pen and all cluttered you may have a different problem
wink.png
We don't ask her to do the bonus room in the basement, do our dishes, our laundry, or pick up after us. It is purely "clean the stuff I'm never going to bother cleaning." Like dusting, blinds, fans, baseboards, wood floors, kitchen countertops, etc... More regular maintenance type stuff I guess.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I just fired my filipino cleaning lady, as she wasn't showing up on a regular basis. $60 bucks every two weeks to clean a 1,600 square foot condo (1.5 baths). She didn't do a great job either. Next one I hire is going to be an actual business of some sort, even if it's a small one. I'd rather pay a little extra to have a company with insurance and the like do it, in case they cause a flood or burn the place to the ground.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
We had one about 10 years ago. She was an older lady we were referred to. She was expensive but did a kick-ass job. She was very thorough like- every six-panel door and every piece of trim in the house was polished up with Murphy's. Nothing was missed. Every sink and faucet, every bath, shower and toilet- perfect. Kitchen you could perform surgery in. It was immaculate. It took her like a month of 1 day per week to get us to what she considered a "maintenance" level. After that, she would come in one day every other week.

After we moved to Michigan, we tried a couple of different businesses and they abolutely sucked. They would, for example, dust and not even move shit around to get it really clean. Just a pain in the ass to even have them in your house. We fired them all. We just do it all ourselves now.

My advice: Ask around and find a hard worker through a referral and don't skimp. It's worth every dime when you find the right one.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I'm a bit of a minimalist, and generally clean up after myself. 1700 SF, 40 bucks once a week. Kitchen, any left over pots/pans from day before, bathrooms/toilets, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, basically putting things in order to a clean "baseline". Spends about 3 hours here. Occasionally if feeling lazy I'll ask her to stay and do some ironing in front of the TV for me. Worth every penny. I would never use a company over an independent cleaner, regardless of what language they speak/don't speak (Cleaner is a relative of a landscaper I've worked with).

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Mexican maid here @$75 per day and she stays five hours, comes once a week. Unlimited amounts of near slave labor down here in glorious Texas. I *much* preferred the Philipino maids back home in the north, but you take what you can get. Really the only problem with the maids I've has is that they no speaky English, and as a result will use the wrong cleaning supplies for the task at hand. Came home one day thinking "wow, my wood furniture looks so new and *shiny*". Turns out the maid thought a bottle of massage oil was Pledge and I had to spend an hour wiping grease off all my furniture. Maids husband also offered to "clean up" my yard for $30, which to me meant rake leaves and pull weeds. Unfortunately to him it meant taking a machete to a 10 year old Japanese Maple and hacking off all the branches "so it grows back better".

Khane

Got something right about marriage
In his defense pruning does generally help trees come back if they are on the way out and lengthens their life. Not saying yours needed it, but it COULD be true.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've never had cleaners, but I hate the idea of strangers coming into my house and fucking with my shit.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
In his defense pruning does generally help trees come back if they are on the way out and lengthens their life. Not saying yours needed it, but it COULD be true.
Yeah, this wasn't him trimming off branch tips or thinning out branches, he literally hacked off every branch down to the trunk so the tree looked more like a big stick in the ground. I also had ivy that had grown over most of my fence (which took years as well), and he yanked all that out by the roots. The maid only remained in my employment even up to that date because she was my mom's maid, and she had a major case of compassion going on for the her because she was dirt poor with three obese kids. After my mom passed I still kept her employed out of respect for my mom, even though she was habitually late, would often leave early without finishing, and would break a dish/glass on almost a weekly basis. Ironically, my mom was a landscape designer and was the one who designed/planted my garden, so it was quite sad that the person she sought to protect so hard was the one partially responsible for destroying one of the few material memories I had of her.