House of Blues - Offical Thread of the Blues

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Haka

N00b
Anyone else live and breath the blues around here?

The King

Clapton

The amazing acoustical genius of Tommy Emmanuel

My favourite, Stevie Ray Vaughan

Haka

N00b
Love those classic tracks. I find when I'm jamming I usually throw on those raw ones as it's easier to carve out your own voice when you're only up against a tinny acoustical track/vocals.

Some more!

Eva Cassidy - known more for her Somewhere Over the Rainbow cover, and similar ballads, she has an amazing blues repertoire, and one of the best voices ever to back it up.

Jim Croce is all swagger

Muddy Waters

Ray Charles

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I think Jack White perfectly sums up why I do enjoy the blues, and also whats wrong with a lot of modern music.

Also really enjoy his music, especially the great blues songs(whether originals or covers) he slips onto every record he makes

Also really like the early Black Keys albums for the same reason. Highly recommend picking up their "Chulahoma" EP, all Junior Kimbrough covers and all are incredible.

Haka

N00b
Love it. I'm a big Black Keys fan, love their sound. Try RL Burnside if you like that modern gritty bluesy sound

^ Found RL Burnside and Junior Kimbrough through a Black Keys Pandora channel. Really liking them. Here's a classic:

Found this guy on my Black Keys channel as well:

Haka

N00b
Been listening a lot to this guy "Frettkillr" on youtube who does some amazing covers:

Haka

N00b
Nice. I mainly play acoustic so it's nice to hear some modern unplugged stuff.

I've always wanted to learn how to plays my blues harps but I really have no clue where to start.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I love just about everything in this thread! RL Burnside is outstanding, I'm surprised I haven't discovered him until more recently. Jack White has to be one of my favorite more modern blues kinda guys. After watching that documentary "It Might Get Loud" I gained even more respect for him.

Here's some favorites.

Also, I know it's just a movie but I love Samuel Jackson singing the blues, hahah. He's quite good. I feel like Black Snake Moan is worth mentioning!

The sound of his guitar in this one though is always stuck in my head.

Haka

N00b
Just discovered this guy while putzing around youtube. He has an awesome covers. Canadian, too.

He has some great original stuff too:

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Are Deap Vally getting noticed in the States yet ? They're playing near me this Thursday in the UK. Very Stripes/Jack White sound. Can see them making it big. :

Some great B.B. while we're at it.