How can you demand war reparations for an unjust offensive war?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm

It's a sad fact that the Iraq War was completely unnecessary and unjust. Our reasons for invading were all fallacious, and we can't spin it around to it being a "humanitarian war" as that's bullshit. We've never been involved in a war for humanitarian reasons. If anything we brought untold suffering and death on the Iraqi people.

Considering we had no reason for invading, how can we ask another country for war reparations? This would be like Russia demanding payments from Ukraine after their invasion, which was arguably far more legal than ours.

You can't topple governments of other sovereign nations and steal their resources. That's a violation of the Geneva Convention and a war crime.

Explain how any of this makes sense.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Sounds exciting, does this MMO have a Kickstarter I can donate to?

• 1Brony
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Woolygimp

It was a mistake. I can't move it.

Can a mod just delete it?

• 1Like

Woolygimp

It's a sad fact that the Iraq War was completely unnecessary and unjust. Our reasons for invading were all fallacious, and we can't spin it around to it being a "humanitarian war" as that's bullshit. We've never been involved in a war for humanitarian reasons. If anything we brought untold suffering and death on the Iraqi people.

Considering we had no reason for invading, how can we ask another country for war reparations? This would be like Russia demanding payments from Ukraine after their invasion, which was arguably far more legal than ours.

You can't topple governments of other sovereign nations and steal their resources. That's a violation of the Geneva Convention and a war crime.

Explain how any of this makes sense. On what grounds are you all supporting this kind of statement?

• 1Garbage

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Explain how any of this makes sense. On what grounds are you all supporting this kind of statement?
TLDR: Durkas are evil

• 1Brony
  • 1Like

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
don't delete he needs something in RR
I did rickshaw it. Then he just posted the thread again lol. I was about to infract him for being a dipshit but it turned out I was the dipshit :(

It doesn't seem like a thread worthy topic though. Easily within the purview of the politics thread.

• 1Bullshit
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We can ask for war reparations because we have the power to do so. Thread over.

• 1Brony
  • 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Reshaw this shitty pointless thread again plzthx

• 1Brony
  • 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.