How do you find people to play games with/deal with woke guilds/etc?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I quit talking to people in games years ago. I never got into this Discord shit or even interacting with people outside the game.

People are retards. Every game should be single player only.
Discord and social media is absolutely cancerous.

Its essentially created a endless horde of digital bubble boys, entirely incapable og dealing with the slightest contrarian thought. They delete, block and ban you as easily as taking a breath.

Fucker

Log Wizard

Its essentially created a endless horde of digital bubble boys, entirely incapable og dealing with the slightest contrarian thought. They delete, block and ban you as easily as taking a breath.
Yep.

People don't know how to have fun these days. Whatever happened to just playing games and blowing shit up in them?

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Yep.

People don't know how to have fun these days. Whatever happened to just playing games and blowing shit up in them?
A lot of people deep down inside are just petulant little children and the modicrum of power running a discord server gives them taps right into that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Brother this website is a social media platform and has its own discord.

Petulant mods have been around since cavemen have sat around a campfire deciding which hill to go forage berries and roots in the next day. I remember getting banned in IRC channels decades ago for the same shit this thread full of boomers is whining about.

Blue-Fields Blue-Fields didn't respond to my question in this thread about which MMO he is looking for a community in, so I'll post the follow up recommendation absent his response: Find a community of like-minded people. It can't just be gen-pop or you'll run into the issues you're having.

What's hard is that the intersection of people who can git-gud in an MMO and old enough to be based is fairly narrow. This community is truly one of the highest density based/skilled MMO communities out there. How to find that community depends on the game.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Petulant mods have been around since cavemen have sat around a campfire deciding which hill to go forage berries and roots in the next day. I remember getting banned in IRC channels decades ago for the same shit this thread full of boomers is whining about.
I dont man, id say the internet is a different place from our eq days.

Xerge

<Donor>
Created a discord community when I was raid leading in ESO and it turned into a spot of like-minded folks.

Basically, trial and error until you meet a couple of like-minded homies and build; or keep an eye out for a group that fits you. Sticking to higher parsing/accomplishing groups will likely yield better quality people, and or at least fellow gamers who share similar gaming agendas (like not wiping on a raid for 5 hours with no clear).

Last edited: