How man emails do you deal with professionally?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

As it pertains to your job email, how many emails do you get in a month (disregarding spam)?

• Total voters

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Obviously this is targeted at White Collar desk jobs, but all are welcome to answer. Not counting private emails that you also use for work, unless you can separate the metrics.

Looking for an actual metric and not estimates, we’re talking about emails, its pretty easy to get an actual count.

If you leave it unread, it doesn’t count

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
When I'm drawing 2-3 a month, the job, and maybe 1 or 2 on price. When I'm acting as PM or GM a lot.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Are you counting the ones you actually answer or just the ones you receive?

Cause fuck most of them honestly

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
1641610444249.gif

Man deals with many emails. Man very professional. Man mails. Man. Mam.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I will say that my company uses G-app suite (i.e. corporate Gmail). And the "priority inbox" is the only thing saving me from spending 1/3 or my day sussing through email.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
As in the number that a manual action is performed response to?
Not necessarily, but overall relevant, as in needs to be read. Especially as you cannot leave mail unread, without possibly forgoing particularly important correspondence.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
200 a day? 20 days a month? Less than 5k. Most have zero to do with me, other than cover their asses by CCing me, just in case.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I do a mass purge monthly on the 15 this is from December 15th to now. I would say 30% is just system messages about various processes, 20% I am CCed on and no response needed and the rest I have to respond to.
A9595C0E-555D-49D3-9C15-DC373B4E7D7E.jpeg

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I ignore all emails until someone calls me to tell me they sent me an email.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Oh man, I'd rather deal with emails than talk to someone on the phone.

Why would I answer the phone? Lol, that I dont even turn on.

There are only maybe half a dozen people that would send me an email that mattered. Most of the time people will send a msg on skype before emailing.

I dont get that many any more, used to be 20+ a day, now its maybe a dozen. For a few years I was getting 50+ and occasionally 1000+ in a hour when someone would get cute and hit "Reply All".

I think someone finally disabled it tho, it hasnt happened in a while.

I've heard our mgrs (who are really some weird sort of admin function nobody can quite understand) get over 50 a day. GOd only fucking knows regarding what.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This would be better as "how many Outlook rules does it take you to stay sane at your job?"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Disregarding spam is a big caveat. I have most of my boss's emails redirected to the spam folder. Infact, I don't think I've had a relevant email for years until I started complaining about covid rules. I know for a fact that one of my boss's is triggered that people haven't aknowledge read-receipts or even looked at his emails in 15+ years, which is why his pure emails lay untarnished in the depths of my inbox and spam folder.

Last edited:

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I ignore all emails until someone calls me to tell me they sent me an email.
This is the way

Coupled with never answering the phone it has a pretty high success rate. The only way through is to actually come visit my office in person, and aint nobody got time for that

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This would be better as "how many Outlook rules does it take you to stay sane at your job?"

I now have about 20 rules/folders. I look at maybe 4 of those weekly. Rest, fuckem.

• 1Solidarity