How to deal with a dead beat family member who is dragging your parents down

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The reason we never got charged was he was well known and didn't want to get involved with cops anymore than he already was.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ultimately you have to convince the parents to act unless you can catch him committing crimes unless you want to turn into Noodle.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ultimately you have to convince the parents to act unless you can catch him committing crimes unless you want to turn into Noodle.

Wearing 830 shoes to a raid and doing shitastic DPS is something you will never live down.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1. Talk to your parents, get them on your side that your brother has to go. Make them see that they are not helping him and he has no future as long as they enable him to stay with them.
2. Go look for cheap as shit, 1-bed apartments in your area with month to month leases.
3. Pick a day and a time, bring a cop along, and tell your brother he is moving out to his new place and you have paid the first months rent for him.
4. He can take your gracious offer or he can find his own way, but it is a got'sta go situation.
5. If he gets combative, that is why the cop is there. If he goes pussy desperate mode, be a good brother tell him you will help him find a job over the next month, but he has to move to this new place to get his life back on-track.

If you don't see that as realistic, and do not want to be apart of the solution, then you have to cut them all off. Live your own life.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If its a menacing or violent offense. Sounded like it was for deadly assault and or felony battery. Might even be attempted murder.

I didn't even really bother to consider the difference here, since it didn't sound like he was sitting in pre-trial detention for a joint.

Being released early sounded a lot like parole to me anyway, I don't think there is any distinction here. O yeah, says prison. I guess its even worse than I thought. No breaks given sorry bro. Even if he was re-sentenced somehow to probation, it may as well be parole.

Uber Uberest Uber Uberest

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Never posted this before

We had a stepbrother who was a piece of shit. In and out of jail for stealing and identity theft. He ended up living at my parents house while my brother and I lived there.

He ended up stealing a bunch of money from my wallet while I slept and we also found photocopies of all our licensed and SS cards in his room. In addition he opened a very large line of credit in my stepfathers name, a cell phone account sent to collections in my name (found out when I applied for a mortgage ), and also started a business in my stepfathers name.

He claimed he was working everyday at a bread company but my brother and I caught him riding around town on his bike one during the week when he was supposedly working.

One night after all this we saw him driving down a back road on his bike. We struck up a conversation then beat the absolute shit out of him and told him to leave our house . He packed up his stuff and never said a word about it. He's been in and out of jail since then so it didn't do anything.

It wasn't my finest moment but he had to get out of there. I wouldn't even recommend anyone do this except as a last resort. Could've gone to prison for beating up a piece of shit.

no clotheslines? pffft.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Apparently my younger brother is having trouble getting by on his own, and asked if he could move back in. My mom wants my younger brother and older brother to rent a place together. This wouldn't be the worst idea since my younger brother is actually the biggest of us at this point anyway and is on the juice, so at the very least he can probably handle himself against the older brother who is physically a mess. We'll see if this plays at all.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Apparently my younger brother is having trouble getting by on his own, and asked if he could move back in. My mom wants my younger brother and older brother to rent a place together. This wouldn't be the worst idea since my younger brother is actually the biggest of us at this point anyway and is on the juice, so at the very least he can probably handle himself against the older brother who is physically a mess. We'll see if this plays at all.
Roided up bro living with head case older bro sounds like a disaster waiting to happen but at least gets him out of your parents house. Make sure when that arrangement inevitably fails that your parents don't take him back in.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Eh my experience with people on Anabolics et al. is that they are just more of what they always were, an asshole is an asshole, people with impulse control and immature personality are what they are. The idiocy about my little brother, is that my older brother use to do the juice too, and he totally regrets doing it, but for some reason that's not a good enough reason to avoid it for my younger brother. Personally, I don't know why they feel the need to, we all seem to have been given an ample amount of testosterone to work with naturally.

I do agree this will fail...but hopefully, if this happens at all, it will last long enough that by the time shit hits the fan he'll be totally moved out and on his own for long enough that he won't get back in to my parent's house.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Eh my experience with people on Anabolics et al. is that they are just more of what they always were, an asshole is an asshole, people with impulse control and immature personality are what they are. The idiocy about my little brother, is that my older brother use to do the juice too, and he totally regrets doing it, but for some reason that's not a good enough reason to avoid it for my younger brother. Personally, I don't know why they feel the need to, we all seem to have been given an ample amount of testosterone to work with naturally.

I do agree this will fail...but hopefully, if this happens at all, it will last long enough that by the time shit hits the fan he'll be totally moved out and on his own for long enough that he won't get back in to my parent's house.

Sounds like a good move. People staying at their parents is just no good.

As for the sauce, some people just want bigger results for their hard work in the gym and kitchen. Think of it like money at your job, is there enough money??? Would you take another 1,000 dollar check? That's anabolics to gym people. For people who don't care about pins, there's nothing stopping them from making the decision.

Depending how long you use and what you're using, the irony is that it wrecks whatever natural testosterone you might have had. As you implied at the end there, if you have a decent frame and muscularity to begin it, its not worth it ultimately. A lifetime of pinning Testosterone Replacement Therapy because you insisted on roiding for 4-5 years straight isn't exactly fun.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

So when he moves out you move in to make sure they have no spare rooms?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Depending how long you use and what you're using, the irony is that it wrecks whatever natural testosterone you might have had. As you implied at the end there, if you have a decent frame and muscularity to begin it, its not worth it ultimately. A lifetime of pinning Testosterone Replacement Therapy because you insisted on roiding for 4-5 years straight isn't exactly fun.

Precisely, I could see using it for injury or at a certain age when older, beyond that if it isn't for a purpose I wouldn't bother.

It sounds like the idea was shot down before it ever took flight, I don't know my younger brother's situation, but he doesn't want to live with the older brother, and apparently visa versa.

Fucking shame, would've simplified the situation.

So when he moves out you move in to make sure they have no spare rooms?

Theoretically, might be easier to refuse his re-entrance once he's back out, it's definitely possible my Dad would let him back in though; my mom most certainly wants him gone.

I got into an argument with them, when this violence went down. I told them me, and the younger brother would pack all his shit into boxes and put it outside, and we would wait for him to come back and tell him to take his shit and get the fuck out. Mom was almost convinced to follow through, but my Dad just chicken shitted out. I don't expect my 63 year old Diabetic Father with a bad knee to physically stand up to my brother, leave that to us, but letting this go on....

Last edited:

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
film him being verbally abusive on camera with a nanny cam, elder abuse is an extremely serious crime and he will be going away for a long time

honestly if u can even record ur parents talking about his abuse and then take the info to your local PD they can prob help due to your parents age idk these are just some ideas I've had

stop worrying about him getting locked away, he obviously has a fucking low IQ no shame or empathy and does not belong in society

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user