Hugh Jackman: Logan

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They fucked up

They could have ignored stupid adamantium bullet plot and instead just freeze x24 and have telekinetic boy launch laura into him like a fastball special.

woulda been the best ending.

joz123

Potato del Grande
if trolls are trolled, is it truly a troll?

Honest to heavens, this movie felt like eternity. Best part of the movie was when Xavier finally died. Fucking crazy faggot. Should've been dead long ago. The movie felt like I was watching American Dad's Avery Bullock and rest of the casts were dulled down to extreme seriousness and no lulz.
You need to shut the fuck up and go back to posting pictures of 13 year old asian girls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TrollfaceDeux TrollfaceDeux between your shitposting here and this gem from the Star Wars thread:

I hope star wars franchise crashes and burns. Fucking 40 years of nonstop bullshit money milking has got to stop.

You need to stop this tryhard troll shtick. It's transparent and annoying at this point.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Szlia

To be fair, the project of the film is pretty cool (a kind of anti-superhero movie / road movie / post western with a R rating and cinephile influence), but what parts of it are well executed? Not many. The action is nothing special (other than having Wolverine cutting people... yay?), the plot is meh ("a bunch of mercs are chasing us, let's go spend the night with that nice family of farmers, surely nothing bad could happen to these fine folks"....) and while the idea to use Shane as some sort of reference point is neat, I don't think they really understood what Shane was about when it comes to violence, eras changing and filiation.

It's a lot better than the previous few Wolverine movies, but that's like winning the special olympics.

• 1Picard

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, the project of the film is pretty cool (a kind of anti-superhero movie / road movie / post western with a R rating and cinephile influence), but what parts of it are well executed? Not many. The action is nothing special (other than having Wolverine cutting people... yay?), the plot is meh ("a bunch of mercs are chasing us, let's go spend the night with that nice family of farmers, surely nothing bad could happen to these fine folks"....) and while the idea to use Shane as some sort of reference point is neat, I don't think they really understood what Shane was about when it comes to violence, eras changing and filiation.

It's a lot better than the previous few Wolverine movies, but that's like winning the special olympics.

What would you consider a kind of anti-superhero movie / road movie / post western with a R rating and cinephile influence that was well executed. In english.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

maybe we should get Werner Herzog to make the next Wolverine

• 1Worf

Szlia

maybe we should get Werner Herzog to make the next Wolverine
The last Werner Herzog (Salt & Fire) was some incredibly craptacular stuff though. It makes Logan looks like some sort of masterpiece in comparison! Really enjoyed his amazingly crazy take on Bad Lieutenant from a few years back though (it danced the whole way through on a fine line between awesome and grotesque though, so I would not be surprised if some detest it).

• 1Picard

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The last Werner Herzog (Salt & Fire) was some incredibly craptacular stuff though. It makes Logan looks like some sort of masterpiece in comparison! Really enjoyed his amazingly crazy take on Bad Lieutenant from a few years back though (it danced the whole way through on a fine line between awesome and grotesque though, so I would not be surprised if some detest it).

shut up. i wasnt even remotely serious.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

What would you consider a kind of anti-superhero movie / road movie / post western with a R rating and cinephile influence that was well executed. In english.
I am not sure this movie exists. I wish it would have been Logan and that's why I said the project is kinda cool.

I am not a comic book reader, but my understanding is that one of the interesting things with super hero comics is that many different authors can offer non-canon takes on some characters. In the movies we don't really get that. At best we get multiple reboots with variations of the origin stories. Sadly, I can't think of a super hero movie that dared to have a strong change in tone, pacing and/or themes within an established franchise, until Logan that is. Even if I don't love the film, I at least hope it will do well enough for us to get more of this kind of spin-offs (since we are doomed to have 20 super hero movies a year anyway, it could not hurt to have some that are a little bit more ambitious in what they try to achieve).

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I am not sure this movie exists. I wish it would have been Logan and that's why I said the project is kinda cool.

I am not a comic book reader, but my understanding is that one of the interesting things with super hero comics is that many different authors can offer non-canon takes on some characters. In the movies we don't really get that. At best we get multiple reboots with variations of the origin stories. Sadly, I can't think of a super hero movie that dared to have a strong change in tone, pacing and/or themes within an established franchise, until Logan that is. Even if I don't love the film, I at least hope it will do well enough for us to get more of this kind of spin-offs (since we are doomed to have 20 super hero movies a year anyway, it could not hurt to have some that are a little bit more ambitious in what they try to achieve).

You have impossible standards given the format. Why did you even bother watching?

• 1Like

Szlia

Kiroy Kiroy I am curious, I have a lot of free time and I pay $40 a month to see as many films as I want in a chain of multiplex (15 screens in my town). :)

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Kiroy Kiroy I am curious, I have a lot of free time and I pay $40 a month to see as many films as I want in a chain of multiplex (15 screens in my town). :)
You and Trollface should start reviewing movies together. The permavirgin and the cuck has a nice ring to it.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

yea this really is just "Old Man Logan", they juxtapose the "shame" that old man logan felt, onto Xavier instead.

as a comic reader, i appreciated this, i also remember when Fox was threatening (like 15years ago) to make a Wolverine Prequel, and Marvel had to get the fucking ball rolling and do what they said they would never do.

Tell Wolverines' backstory (james howlett).

Brikker

Trump's Staff
if trolls are trolled, is it truly a troll?

Honest to heavens, this movie felt like eternity. Best part of the movie was when Xavier finally died. Fucking crazy faggot. Should've been dead long ago. The movie felt like I was watching American Dad's Avery Bullock and rest of the casts were dulled down to extreme seriousness and no lulz.

I would have thought X23 being in this would have made you instantly love it.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finally saw this. Good shit. Mainly because it captured the X-Men and how they deal with a changing world/being old.

Damn I feel old after watching this. To me this makes it damn good. A++. Even if it shits all over the comic. I can differentiate film and comic. If you can't you're fucking stupid and need to chill out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Finally saw this. Good shit. Mainly because it captured the X-Men and how they deal with a changing world/being old.

Damn I feel old after watching this. To me this makes it damn good. A++. Even if it shits all over the comic. I can differentiate film and comic. If you can't you're fucking stupid and need to chill out.
it shits over the comic how?

only in that it paints Xavier in a good light, in the past 10 years they've painted X, as pretty much as deplorable as you can get, they only recently, finally really, really, really killed him by having Jonny blaze burn up his brain, Flame on!

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
it shits over the comic how?

only in that it paints Xavier in a good light, in the past 10 years they've painted X, as pretty much as deplorable as you can get, they only recently, finally really, really, really killed him by having Jonny blaze burn up his brain, Flame on!

Unless I am remembering some totally different shit. The Logan comic I remember involved a huge incest family of the Hulk and stuff.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Unless I am remembering some totally different shit. The Logan comic I remember involved a huge incest family of the Hulk and stuff.

eh, the Hulk family was only an impetus for Logan to make the "trek", and to show us how fucked up Amerika had become. I saw more Last of Us, than Old Man Logan, the only things from Old Man Logan were the roadtrip and they Juxtaposed the regret from Logan to Xavier killing off the Xmen instead.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users