Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Hunters

Genre: Drama

Creator: David Weil

Cast: Logan Lerman, Al Pacino, Jerrika Hinton, Saul Rubinek, Carol Kane

Overview: A diverse band of Nazi Hunters living in 1977 New York City discover that hundreds of high ranking Nazi officials are living among us and conspiring to create a Fourth Reich in the U.S. The eclectic team of Hunters set out on a bloody quest to bring the Nazis to justice and thwart their new genocidal plans.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Well Pacino isn't screaming in the trailer so that is a good sign.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Oh boy, this is just what we need right now. More stoking the fire of imaginary Nazis among us!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Couldn't make it through the first episode of this. The dialogue is idiotic, the plot is hamfisted and even within the first 30 minutes of the show you can already tell Mr Peele doesn't give a shit about character or plot continuity. A lot of it just... doesn't make any sense. Maybe I'm not giving it a fair shake but the little of it I managed to watch before I shut it off was just plain bad.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I decided not to watch this during the trailer when it was the diversity crew of blacks and asians hunting down former Nazis.

If it was Jews and maybe French and some other Europeans I'd understand... kind of.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
It is the Jews that are going after them. Why the fuck would the French and other Europeans be in the US hunting them like this? When they probably have their own Nazi's to deal with. or they are busy in South America.

Only caught the first episode, seemed like a descent set up so far.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The tonal shifts in this show will give you whiplash.

I'm all for beating up Nazis on television, they're the ultimate punching bags. However, these are Nazis in the way 300 portrayed Persians. It's beyond comic booky. These Nazis would fit better in Preacher or The Boys, whereas this show tries to be a comedy once every ten minutes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
2nd episode makes it clear that it is ripping off Trantino / Guy Ritchie but fails to be as good. It even has a jew hunter type character and a Foxy Brown type. I will correct my above statement, there is one Irish Catholic Nun involved, but it is still mostly a jew crew. I have only chuckled once or twice. I am not feeling a binge session for this one. Hope it gets better.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stopped at the end of 2nd episode, characters are stupid and dull, story is generic breadcrumb conspiracy and Pacino looks like he's in some japanese commercial. Also the in-your-face diversity cast is getting so cliche you almost forgot the bad guys are nazis.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Couldn't make it through the first episode of this. The dialogue is idiotic, the plot is hamfisted and even within the first 30 minutes of the show you can already tell Mr Peele doesn't give a shit about character or plot continuity. A lot of it just... doesn't make any sense. Maybe I'm not giving it a fair shake but the little of it I managed to watch before I shut it off was just plain bad.
Better or worse than Avenue 5?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's pretty bad.

I watched the whole thing and the writing is poor, like to the point they just assume the viewer is a fucking idiot. There are a couple cool set pieces and seeing the Nazi machine is worth the watch if you are into that type of shit, if not it's a hard pass.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Stopped at the end of 2nd episode, characters are stupid and dull, story is generic breadcrumb conspiracy and Pacino looks like he's in some japanese commercial. Also the in-your-face diversity cast is getting so cliche you almost forgot the bad guys are nazis.
This feels like it's trying hard to be The Boys; but it's pretty great.
My path is clear now, thank you both!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
My path is clear now, thank you both!

Heh. I find reviews like 'waaaaah, diversity!' and 'SJW rabble rabble liberal conspiracy' to be particularly unhelpful, because just because someone hates something for reasons you find stupid, doesn't mean that it's not terrible.

I watched the first episode of this and it was ok, but I don't really have any particular desire to watch the rest, although I'll probably get around to it eventually.

The nazis are so ludicrously over-the-top they don't even qualify as cartoon villains. Like the guy in the intro - I can't believe in any world where someone that half-assed and careless has managed secrecy for more than a week, let alone 30 years. I mean, he has a silenced pistol in his fucking bbq - can you imagine how he explained that one ?

Of course, over the top insanity can be pretty entertaining - see Legends of Tomorrow and the Magicians for examples - but I found the nazi hunter side of it to be kind of boring.

Also - the 'Contains Nudity' warning was straight up trolling.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heh. I find reviews like 'waaaaah, diversity!' and 'SJW rabble rabble liberal conspiracy' to be particularly unhelpful, because just because someone hates something for reasons you find stupid, doesn't mean that it's not terrible.

Good, because I didn't say anything of the sort, I was talking about "in-your-face diversity" when you just typecast anyone for the sake of it, rather than their acting skills. The FBI lady for example; her being a black and lesbian FBI agent doesn't bring anything to the plot and since the actress herself can't really act either, it's actually utterly clear why she's here.

I genuinely don't care at all about diversity but I just think it's bad when it's so bold and forced you can actually picture the producers selecting the actors "and here we'll put a sassy black woman, yeah lesbian too, also we really need an asian dude, but let's write him coming back from Vietnam so our viewers won't confuse him as one of the bad guys". It's not hatred, it's bad writing and typecasting.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I saw some of this garbage. There is a scene where a jew and a little black girl are making a "cute" video about how to spot a nazi. Every time it's the black girl's turn to give a hint on how to spot a nazi she literally just says "White people". If you like this show and you're white, you are a retarded person.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database