I, Origins: Jimmy Darmody whacks Intelligent Design

khorum

Murder Apologist
So God is born in a neuromics lab at a backwater Dyson swarm 14,000 years from now. After consuming the entire sapiosphere, he enforces a 17,000 light-year causal exclusion zone outwards from his light-cone and he goes all the way back in time to 15 BCE to prune causality of anything that might jeopardize his eventual emergence. The disrupted quantum wavefront causes the disappearance of four billion humans in 2014 which is interpreted as the "Rapture".

LOL JK, it's a chick flick shot entirely through instagram:

Ridas

Pay to play forum
So, in the end he turns into a pedophile, because that poor little indian girl has similiar eyes? Great movie!

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
He merely purchases the child for a $50 bill and a bag of Wrigley's gum, there's nothing weird or sexual about it

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, the first movie actually sounds like it could be fun to watch.

A modern interpretation of life of brian.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck it, I actually enjoyed this movie and I do not consider myself a spiritual person at all. It had a nice story and good acting, which is more than I can say for most films these days!

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Generally if I can say "The wife liked it." about my wife and a movie I know for damn sure it is not a movie for me. Thanks for the warning.
smile.png

Agraza

Registered Hutt
That sounds depressing. I can't hang with women that enjoy weak sauce. I couldn't be married to one.

I haven't seen this movie, so no opinion on it.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
That sounds depressing. I can't hang with women that enjoy weak sauce. I couldn't be married to one.

I haven't seen this movie, so no opinion on it.
It's a decent movie. The French girl is insanely hot and we get to see a lot of her tits. The ending is pretty good too and if you have at least a small heart it will get you.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You know how you watch certain movies for the first time, and in the hours afterwards the more you think about them the more you appreciate the movie? This is the opposite of that.

It had a decent idea, but the execution was horrific. In fact, the entire third act had almost nothing to do with the first two. The only link was the French girl and the fact that he did eye research...which was completely irrelevant to the story.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
This movie seems polarizing. I liked it. It was at least a well made movie even if you didn't like the story. As far as the third act, that was the entire point of the movie and what the first two were building towards.
It's a movie about an atheist scientist that in the end chooses "spiritual thinking" over science and logical reasoning. His lifelong grief over his ex-lover leaves him with an emotional void. Religion/spirituality can fill that void and in the third act he is attempting to reconcile his need for spirituality with his adherence to logic. He does this by deluding himself into seeing a correlation in his own iris research where there wasn't one. Even when the image test results show no correlation he calls himself foolish. He then immediately sees her scared of the elevator and is like "fuck it, I'm on board." The two scenes being sequential are meant to show his inner conflict and that he, almost willfully, lets his emotions seduce his logic. In the end he gains his emotional comfort at the loss of his scientific integrity.

I was at least happy that it strayed from the normal 4 outcomes of the science vs. religion story. Usually it's just one is right, both are right, or neither is right. This film is just about why and how some people, even the most unlikely, can still believe in religious nonsense.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Close. Earlier poster was right and he could've bought catharsis for a pack of chewing gum.

He could've gone to Thailand and achieved godhead for the price of an iPod.