If you liked Homeworld and Freespace.. Void Destroyer and Void Destroyer 2.

Wesh2

Trakanon Raider
I mostly lurk, but wanted to spread a bit of love for a independent game I enjoyed that has a Kickstarter going for a follow up.

Void Destroyer on Steam

Short description - Take Homeworld, but also be able to jump into any of the units and fly it like Freespace. It has a kind of odd cellshaded feel. It takes a while to get used to the controls, though they are a lot tighter now than they were when it released.

Anyone else here play it? I happend to see that there is a Kickstarter about to end for a follow up:

Video for Void Destroyer 2:
Void Destroyer 2 - Pre-Alpha/Announcement Trailer - YouTube

Kickstarter:
Void Destroyer 2 by Paul Zakrzewski Kickstarter

Looks like it may not make it, as it's in the last 3 days.

Wesh2

Trakanon Raider
Anyway, I was cleaning out my Steam Game drive and got sucked back into Void Destroyer. That lead me to being sad none of my friends had heard of it.. and then finding the Kickstarter for the second game. I hate to see things die on the vine and thought I would spread the word a bit about it. I found it fun, though the controls take a while to get into.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I've got like 1200 hours on X3 and like 10gigs of mods. I love the idea but that cellshading is a bit much.

Wesh2

Trakanon Raider
I've got like 1200 hours on X3 and like 10gigs of mods. I love the idea but that cellshading is a bit much.
The Cell shaded look grew on me in Void Destroyer. Though I will admit the new one looks REALLY bright - reminding me of arcade games like Virtual-on or Oni (old Bungie game). I'm hoping he will put a stronger shader or something into it during development.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I tried to get into Void Destroyer but the control system was so terrible I had to stop before I burst a blood vessel. This is coming from someone who has, like Khorum, over 1000 hours in X3.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Managing capital fleets in X3 became menu-itis. Just the suggestion of Homeworld-style fleet controls would sell me. But why the hell would he cling to the cell-shading at all. I only saw the void destroyer 1 vid, it looks like he doubled down for the second one.