Impulse

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Impulse

Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2018-06-06

Creator: Steven Gould

Cast: Maddie Hasson, Missi Pyle, Sarah Desjardins, Enuka Okuma, Craig Arnold

Overview: Follow 16-year-old Henrietta, aka Henry, who discovers she has the ability to teleport. The first time she realizes this, she is in a truck with her high school’s Golden Boy, who tries to rape her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just finished watching this with my wife. Good premise, based on the universe from the movie Jumper, which neither of us have seen...

Went a little heavy handed with the sexual assault theme through the season but it was a solid part of the plot. Other than that enjoyed it. Give this one a 7/10

It airs on YouTube as it's one of their original programs.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure why they kept the name, it seems to have absolutely nothing to do with the book at all. As far as I can tell, the only thing they have in common is a chick with a weird name ;p

Still, pilot wasn't awful, will probably watch the rest of it.

Rime

<Donor>
Odd that they kept the name... given that it made sense in the novels (each family member develops a 'new' method to their teleport - With the daughter learning how to add forward movement via their ability).

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've watched the first 3 episodes so far and if it weren't for the teleportation angle I would have dumped it by now. So far it's been mostly angsty teenager/single mom BS with one or two teleportation implosions per episode. The female protagonist, Henry, is such a stereotype that I didn't even notice her name for awhile and by that time it was just a 'well that figures' kind of a moment. I'll see if gets any better once she gains control of her power.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've watched the first 3 episodes so far and if it weren't for the teleportation angle I would have dumped it by now. So far it's been mostly angsty teenager/single mom BS with one or two teleportation implosions per episode. The female protagonist, Henry, is such a stereotype that I didn't even notice her name for awhile and by that time it was just a 'well that figures' kind of a moment. I'll see if gets any better once she gains control of her power.

Read my mind dog.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
We watched this.. then started watching Cloak and Dagger... We stopped Cloak and Dagger already based on my wife making this observation :

I've had enough "rape gives you superpowers" for the rest of my life....

Regardless of how accurate that was or wasn't at that point Cloak and Dagger had no chance.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Eh... in the novels, their ability to 'jump' is triggered by trauma. Original character by his drunk father beating him. Later, his girlfriend/wife (Milli) does it when falling from a cliff (Speculation is that them frequently having sex allowed her to do it - or that her frequently teleporting with him altered her enough to let her learn how to do it). Their daughter learns it when she is almost killed in an avalanche.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Eh... in the novels, their ability to 'jump' is triggered by trauma. Original character by his drunk father beating him. Later, his girlfriend/wife (Milli) does it when falling from a cliff (Speculation is that them frequently having sex allowed her to do it - or that her frequently teleporting with him altered her enough to let her learn how to do it). Their daughter learns it when she is almost killed in an avalanche.

Yeah, that's not at all the way it happens in the show....

Rime

<Donor>
Yep. It is a very weird departure from the novel. Then again, the Jumper film was as well.

Wish they would just stick true to the stories for once.

• 1Solidarity

velk

Trakanon Raider
Just finished this one off. Last episode set up 3-4 more interesting storylines than the rest of the season, so I'll probably watch more if they make it.

Overall i thought it was decent. Nothing whatsoever to do with the book, which is a shame, because it was a great book, but a decent story in it's own right. It still bugged me that Henry is almost the exact opposite of Cent in every way though ;p It's like making a TV series called Rocky and having it about a russian gymnast.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Binged this during a bout of jet lag.

Show needs more Jumper Conspiracy and less teenage faggotry. Because I have a hard time giving a fuck about Henry and the endless, "sexual assault is the worst thing ever" virtue signaling they want to push. This is because they say it with a straight face that someone getting a little handsy is somehow the worst thing possible. All the while Henry's PTSD over someone getting handsy left her attacker a paraplegic. She then lies and directly causes the death of Amos who had absolutely nothing to do with it and then an all out gang war.

God damn handsy jocks though let me tell you. Please contact this number if someone touched you in the no no hole.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looks like Season 2 of this is out and about. Will anyone watch it!?

TV show information provided by The Movie Database