Incompetent attorney

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
As much as I like my union, I wouldn't take a referral on most things from them. Union officials tend to utilize friends, so chances are who you get is competent, but not the best.

Also, like Erronius said, these days they tend to keep their heads down a bit more when dealing with the signatory companies (I know they don't fuck withmyboss). They might've handed you a lawyer who will get you paid, but not enough to really piss the companies off.

If you get pay + college, consider getting a good career and investing the fuck out of that money.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, I know I've had a shadow at least once, but I couldn't give two shits because I'm not faking anything.

The liability aspect isn't really an issue because The Safety Appliance Act and the Locomotive (Boiler) Inspect Act have them by the balls. I wasn't at fault in any way and they know it. Their entire defense is trying to prove that I am a liar and that my injuries are not nearly as severe as I claim.

Like I said, the only issue with my case is credibility. But I can't be na?ve and believe that's not a real problem because jurors are natually skeptical of injury cases, especially ones with very large damages and they want a reason to believe I am trying to work the system....so when the defense tells them I lied about this and that (although none of it had anything to do with the accident, my injuries or anything else relevant), it may not matter.

I'm almost positive I am going to fire my attorney tomorrow. I just can't see this ending well if I don't.

*edit* And yes, the UTU is a pile of shit.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Lying in your deposition will hurt you. Since you'll be testifying as to the extent of your injuries and how it causes you pain, your credibility is at issue and if they can show you lied, even if it is "understandable", the jury will doubt other things you've said. No question, it does hurt. How much? Can't say for sure.

Also it's common to bring in a different attorney for trial, I wouldn't say it happens "all the time" but it won't raise an eyebrow at all. It does happen.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
How much can lying on the deposition possibly hurt him when there is video of him being injured, lying unconscious for a minute and then having plates and screws drilled into his neck plus the doctor assessment of his damaged spine?

It would seem like a pretty easy case to me.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
How much can lying on the deposition possibly hurt him when there is video of him being injured, lying unconscious for a minute and then having plates and screws drilled into his neck plus the doctor assessment of his damaged spine?

It would seem like a pretty easy case to me.
It'll depend what he lied about and how much that lie can be dismissed. If its something important or relevant to the case, it might be bad. If the jury doesn't trust you, they aren't going to give you a shit ton of money. They will probably still give money since he's obviously injured, but jurors are just people too. And they hate lying fuckers.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Probably matters what was lied about, too. You can explain away minor exaggeration and shit, perhaps not complete fabrication...

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As I said before, it had nothing to do with my injuries, the accident, or my treatment. I'm not going to air my dirty laundry on a public forum to strangers. We've all got skeletons and when the fine tooth comb of the defense threw this one out on the floor in front of me, I was like "I have no idea what you're talking about".

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Did you have gay sex with one of the dudes who was swinging on your sack in the RL picture thread?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Did you have gay sex with one of the dudes who was swinging on your sack in the RL picture thread?
He went from "large NFL safety" to Herbert in the span of a few years. Of course, he may have had safety confused with center, but still..

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I'm not doubting him. I know someone who was in great shape and had even less of an injury than Grabbit did and he had really bad back problems for a long time.

I was told a story once where a fat guy was leaning too hard on a bolted down chair on a locomotive and the back literally snapped and the fat fuck went flying backwards, legs in the air. Sued the railroad, got over 2 million bucks.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just make sure you wear a neck brace to court. Hollywood has taught me that this will fool them into winning you some moneys.

TAPtIqO.gif

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was told a story once where a fat guy was leaning too hard on a bolted down chair on a locomotive and the back literally snapped and the fat fuck went flying backwards, legs in the air. Sued the railroad, got over 2 million bucks.
/this is thin privilege

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is me about 20 months ago (I was 35). I was about 205-210lbs in that picture (I'm 6 foot). I was bulking when that picture was taken and over the next 4 months I put on another 17 or 18 lbs. I had just started cutting the excess fat when I got hurt.

rrr_img_71635.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm not doubting him. I know someone who was in great shape and had even less of an injury than Grabbit did and he had really bad back problems for a long time.
Sure, I'm not doubting the severity of his back problems. However, with the way he worded the post, it read like he went from Bob Sanders to William Perry in just a few years.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
This is me about 20 months ago (I was 35). I was about 205-210lbs in that picture (I'm 6 foot). I was bulking when that picture was taken and over the next 4 months I put on another 17 or 18 lbs. I had just started cutting the excess fat when I got hurt.

rrr_img_71635.jpg
If you were wearing headdress while driving a train then it was only a matter of time before something bad happened.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's a sick costume though bro, what is that some Hopi Indian garb or some shit? You still have it? Let the jury know you can't cosplay like that anymore, they will be sympathetic.

us820

Silver Squire
To anybody who has not had a back injury,it will change your life.I would give everything away I worked my entire life for to be healthy again.

Szlia

Kirun's comments in this thread are probably the stupidest things ever posted on this forum. I had a very very minor back problem that I was able to sort over time with some appropriate exercises and it still ate at me for months. On top of that, while 99% fixed, it continues to loom over my head like a sword of Damocles. I cannot begin to imagine the anguish associated with multiple busted discs and vertebrae that must be fused. Grabbit, I hope your operation will go well and that physical therapy will help you regain most of your quality of life. On the upside, your past experience with working out should have given you the patience and discipline needed to see this through.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kirun's comments in this thread are probably the stupidest things ever posted on this forum. I had a very very minor back problem that I was able to sort over time with some appropriate exercises and it still ate at me for months. On top of that, while 99% fixed, it continues to loom over my head like a sword of Damocles. I cannot begin to imagine the anguish associated with multiple busted discs and vertebrae that must be fused. Grabbit, I hope your operation will go well and that physical therapy will help you regain most of your quality of life. On the upside, your past experience with working out should have given you the patience and discipline needed to see this through.
Same Sz - in the end, my neurologic issues with my back were what disabled me as well - took me like 7 years of therapy to fix the issue (well, fairly about 5 of therapy - about 2 was finding it and doing wrong fixes for a while) - finally feeling better and like you, it was supposedly minor and it was horrific and scared the hell out of me constantly. (Lots of stairs in this house, was always terrifying navigating them)