Industrial Annihilation

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Please don't suck.

Industrial Annihilation blends the iconic real-time strategy of the beloved Annihilation series with deep factory-building to deliver a blend of genres unlike any you’ve experienced before - Steam Early Access coming Q2 2024.​
Learn more here: Industrial Annihilation
The team behind Planetary Annihilation, which has sold over 3 millions units and is still beloved and played by fans almost a decade later, is back with a new twist on the popular franchise.​
Industrial Annihilation is available for pre-order or for investment on the StartEngine investment platform! You can invest in the company behind the game today to become a shareholder and partake in Industrial Annihilation’s potential galactic success.​

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
I wonder how much overlap there is between the fans of total annihilation and the fans of dyson sphere program?

It'll be tricky to strike a balance between the combat being an aggravating annoyance for your base building shenanigans and vice versa.

Caliane

Interesting. I have always found Factorio to be a bit boring, and not engaging enough. Riftbreaker is way more fun like that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I had this idea not long ago. Balancing/pacing this is going to be really hard.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Did anyone ever read the Dragonriders of Pern series? I haven't read it since I was a kid, but if I remember right - every 7 years, the moon sheds burning threads that fall to earth.

Something like that could work for the basis of an automation / colony sim that has a smaller combat component. Basically wave mode, but waves are much more infrequent

edit:

what was dragonriders of pern about?

Dragonriders of Pern is a science fiction/fantasy series of novels by Anne McCaffrey. It is set in a fictional world called Pern, which is threatened by a destructive phenomenon known as "Thread," a deadly spore that falls from the sky and destroys all organic matter it comes into contact with.
The central premise of the series revolves around the bond between humans and dragons. Dragonriders, who ride on the backs of telepathic dragons, play a crucial role in protecting Pern from Thread. The dragons have the ability to flame Thread out of the sky, making them essential for the planet's survival.
The series follows various characters and generations as they deal with the ongoing Thread threat, explore the history and mysteries of Pern, and discover the unique abilities and challenges associated with dragonriding. The books combine elements of science fiction and fantasy and explore themes of courage, leadership, and the interconnectedness of humans and their dragon partners.

Describe the thread phenomenon in more detail

The Thread phenomenon in Anne McCaffrey's "Dragonriders of Pern" series is a unique and deadly threat to the planet of Pern. It is described as follows:
  1. Origin: Thread is not a natural occurrence on Pern but rather a result of a failed scientific experiment. Centuries before the events of the series, Pern's early settlers used genetically engineered organisms, known as "spores," to combat a different problem. These spores mutated into Thread, becoming a menace.
  2. Appearance: Thread is described as a thin, silvery, and almost ethereal substance resembling fine filaments or tendrils. It falls from the sky in irregular patterns and clusters, appearing like a silvery rain.
  3. Destructive Nature: When Thread lands on Pern's surface, it immediately begins to consume organic matter. It devours plants, animals, and anything living it comes into contact with. Thread is incredibly destructive and can reduce entire landscapes to barren wastelands.
  4. Periodicity: Thread falls from the sky in cycles, known as "Passes." These Passes occur approximately every 200 years and can last for several decades. Pern's residents must prepare for and combat Thread during each Pass.
  5. Countermeasures: The primary defense against Thread is the dragonriders. They ride on the backs of genetically engineered dragons, and these dragons can produce fire to incinerate Thread before it reaches the ground. This is a highly dangerous and physically demanding task.
  6. Weyrs: Dragonriders live in specialized settlements called Weyrs, strategically positioned across Pern. The Weyrs are responsible for responding to Threadfall and protecting Pern's inhabitants.
  7. Historical Significance: The presence of Thread and the need for dragonriders have shaped Pern's culture and society. Dragonriders are revered and essential protectors of the planet.
The overarching plot of the series often revolves around the preparations for Threadfall and the challenges that Pern's inhabitants face in dealing with this persistent and deadly threat. The dynamic between dragons, their riders, and the broader society is a central element of the narrative.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user