Inglourious Basterds

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
He's a better writer than director, where he hit or miss. NBK, True Romance, and From Dusk Till Dawn all rank higher in these lists except maybe Pulp.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
He has moments of Directing genius though. Especially in Pulp Fiction, RD, and Kill Bill.

Pulp Fiction, sticking the camera in the trunk. Leaving it at the door while they go off and talk about Uma because they're a few minutes early. Etc..etc.. He's a Directing genius when he spends years thinking about his shots imo. Too many to mention in RDogs. But yeah, no argument here on writing. He's among the best of his generation.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think he did a great job directing the first half of FDTD. i think it becomes rodriguez's film when they crossed the border into mexico or when the vampires first pop up.

Juvarisx

Florida
As far as I know he didn't direct any of it, he was originaly going to but wanted to focus on the writing and its really the only movie he has been a principal actor in. I am sure he had his input in many of these scenes however and there are references to the earlier films he had done. Anyways I don't know why people split up Kill Bill, its just one movie.

Jackie Brown is probably his best written movie that he directed, else that honor goes to True Romance, but its not the best movie he has done that is probably Pulp but there really isn't a bad way to list his movies its mostly just personal preference.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
1. Inglorious
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Kill Bills
4. Reservoir
5. Django
6. Jackie Brown
7. Death Proof

If you're not quite rustled yet, let me tell you this: A Serious Man is my favorite Coen movie.
Absolutely no rustling. I would only reorder 2-4.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Ah yeah maybe that's it, I'm not a big biblical guy, I didn't make the connection until reading about it after watching. Just seeing that ending, it felt defeating, like holy shit there is no arc to this story.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
As far as I know he didn't direct any of it, he was originaly going to but wanted to focus on the writing and its really the only movie he has been a principal actor in. I am sure he had his input in many of these scenes however and there are references to the earlier films he had done. Anyways I don't know why people split up Kill Bill, its just one movie.

Jackie Brown is probably his best written movie that he directed, else that honor goes to True Romance, but its not the best movie he has done that is probably Pulp but there really isn't a bad way to list his movies its mostly just personal preference.
What movie are you talking about?

Also he didn't direct True Romance, that was a Tony Scott film. They even minimized his writing credit in that film until he became popular in the next year with Pulp Fiction.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah that has been rumored since Kill Bill 2, something about revolving around whatshername's daughter seeking revenge on The Bride.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Yeah that has been rumored since Kill Bill 2, something about revolving around whatshername's daughter seeking revenge on The Bride.
?

rrr_img_48046.jpg

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I loved the first few minutes of Bastards for the straight up Western shots. I was also the only person in the theater to laugh out loud after the basement bar shootout...and Hugo Stiglitz theme. I judged everyone.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
QT apparently didn't want anything to do with Stone's version of NBK. Which is a shame - another brilliant movie.

Column_sl

shitlord
He wrote the first part to Dusk till Dawn till they get to the bar then shitty Rodriguez took over.
The movie was really good up till that point then it went downhill fast in true cheesy Rodriguez style...

People saying he is a better writer then director of course that is true. He is one of the best Dialouge/Monologue writers to ever live imho.
That being said he is also an amazing director. Just because his one ability outshines the latter does not make the other one any less important.

You can look at any of his Films. Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs etc, and they are all exceptionally crafted.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
He wrote all of From Dusk Till Dawn, Rodriguez directed all of it. It's pretty obvious from interviews at the time they were all about impressing horror fans with practical effects and didn't give two shits about the critics.

Column_sl

shitlord
He wrote all of From Dusk Till Dawn, Rodriguez directed all of it. It's pretty obvious from interviews at the time they were all about impressing horror fans with practical effects and didn't give two shits about the critics.
Theres barely any dialogue in the last half, and if you know anything about those two directors there signature ways of storytelling are very apparent from the first half to the 2nd half.

Its painfully obvious that the first half is Tarantino influenced with all people talking to each other. With the 2nd half being all Rodriquezs off the wall cheesy bullshit.
You can see the same thing in any of there colobarations.

In Tarantinos Sin City parts. Its all pretty much just actors playing off each other such as the guy talking to the headless corpse.
Same thing with Planet Terror being off the wall, and Death proof being very much another actors monolouge piece.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Style difference halfway? Sure.

Doesn't really change the facts though, unless they're just outright lying in interviews and faking it on the little documentary that was filmed on the filming of From Dusk Till Dawn and the labour issues associated with them film.