Inquisitor Martyr

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Even though I'm a huge Warhammer mark, I was gonna pass on it until a buddy of mine who pretty much only plays arpgs gifted it to me. Only level 9 as of now but am enjoying going through the story campaign stuff, even though the game has some rough edges. Warhammer aesthetic is nice, lots of different weapons and variety of builds it seems. Tough market they went into, with traditional arpgs moving pretty close to niche territory, with Diablo/PoE locking most of the players down.
I just hit lvl10 on my psyker last night and a whole bunch of new options just opened up. I agree about the rough edges but there's something really intriguing about the story. Not sure if it's just the setting that's really selling it because it doesn't seem all that complex or different from any other ARPG right now but the whole progression really did a good job capturing the WH40k vibe.

They definitely need to lock down the multiplayer bugs. Out of the gate having multiplayer just not even work a large percentage of the time is going to kill what chance this has to grab an audience

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I pretty much only care about the single player game/story. As long as that is solid I am interested.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Saw Arch Warhammer posted his thoughts on it and after playing it a bit more last night I agree with pretty much everything he said. Summary being that Devs clearly do a ton of things right, but I'm just not feeling the combat. I will say that I am generally not a fan of traditional arpgs, the only one I played seriously was Marvel Heroes and combat there was much faster paced, with almost MMO style power rotations. I much prefer looter shooters for my arpg fix(Borderlands/Division/etc), but for those that enjoy isometric style games they might be fine with the combat.

I do want to give them props for how good the progression feels at least as far as I've played. They constantly give you a good variety of loot, skill ups, etc so there's really no periods of waiting to be rewarded. I'm gonna try to finish up the single player campaign stuff, but not sure how much more past that I will play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, very fair and pretty damn accurate assessment per my experience with the game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
my ardent passion for all things 40K must be cooling, cause I've sorta kept an eye on this thing but haven't really felt any urge to try and pick it up. would rather breed a pack of t-rexes and let them all out on a rampage at once.

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
my ardent passion for all things 40K must be cooling, cause I've sorta kept an eye on this thing but haven't really felt any urge to try and pick it up. would rather breed a pack of t-rexes and let them all out on a rampage at once.
Not just you. I still tell people I want to bea space marine when i grow up. But so many 40k games have been shit it's hard to get excited. Im sure I'm spacing something but I can only really remember space marine and dow 2 as standouts. And space marine was imperfect though awesome thematically. I actually liked ancient awful firewarrior for making marines seem huge and scary and really gave you the feel for the gothic ships.

Msny other games had a good base of art/setting like deathwatch or the naval rts, but the actual game play was often buggy unbalanced ass.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not just you. I still tell people I want to bea space marine when i grow up. But so many 40k games have been shit it's hard to get excited. Im sure I'm spacing something but I can only really remember space marine and dow 2 as standouts. And space marine was imperfect though awesome thematically. I actually liked ancient awful firewarrior for making marines seem huge and scary and really gave you the feel for the gothic ships.

Msny other games had a good base of art/setting like deathwatch or the naval rts, but the actual game play was often buggy unbalanced ass.

Yeah sadly Space Hulk just reminded me that the game is fucking awful if you aren't playing with actual people.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I pretty much only care about the single player game/story. As long as that is solid I am interested.
Powered through a chunk of the middle part of the story yesterday. Interesting plot points kept popping up and I ended up playing a lot longer than I was planning to until I could get to a point where it felt like everything that I was interested in had been resolved. The story is incredible so far so if that's what you're looking for I'd definitely recommend this.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The Inquisition is my favourite part of the 40k lore so I'm really hyped to play this.

However, I don't feel like playing a buggy flawed game and I'd rather wait until it has a few QOL patches under its belt before I go on a heretical purge across the universe.

• 1Like

agripa

Molten Core Raider
2.0 Dropping soon.

By the decree of the God-Emperor, we announce that Inquisitor - Martyr 2.0 is set to be released on the 28th of May. The aim of the patch is to elevate Martyr's qualities to be more in-line with the traditions of the ARPG genre, with changes such as:
- Faster, smoother gameplay experience for all three playable classes
- Progression system rebuilt from scratch
- Level cap increased from 80 to 100
- Story Campaign, Seasons 1 & 2 are now playable in online co-op (2-4 players)
- Expanded and revised loot system (new item tier, new item types, new enchants)
- Expanded and revised crafting
- New end-game modes
- Other quality of life improvements
- And many more

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
Picked this up for the steam sale (right after 2.0 patch dropped)... Enjoying it a lot thus far :D

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Meleeing my way through chaos marines, tanks, wraithlords, and greater demons as a single Inquisitor is super unrealistic, but also satisfying.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm playing the psyker and couldn't figure out what this huge dot that kept fucking me was coming from when I hit unhinged warp heat. Didn't always happen, ran around in the open for long periods with max unhinge and was fine... but then randomly it'd sneak on in fights and I couldn't outheal it with the innoculator.

Went with a more balanced build (of my own devising, no spoilers) and it's much smoother, but big strange dot aside (it wasn't the vertical purple beam or chained blobs) I woulda been fine as full unhinged going wild.

Fun as a coop esp on the challenge missions. Campaign is a little trivial for an arpg vet so far but it's early.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Dont get fucked by this, I was lookin up how to put points in this one tree and glad I saw this

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Damn, good thing I hadn't got to that point in the game yet. Which did you pick? Wasn't paying any attention to morality