Insomnia

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Have you guys actually tried weed? I haven't read all 5 pages but I've had insomnia and migraines for a long long time (15 years+), I've had blood panels, xrays, cat scans, hormones and nothing, we don't know why; I've used every triptan out there and a bunch of low dosage SSRI to no effect. So I gave marijuana a shot after one time I was so bad with migraine pain I had to stay 'overnight' at the hospital for observation.

Before I could not sleep or have the bouts of migraine; now, whenever I feel the migraine I smoke some and just 'ride' it out, still in pain but so much more tolerable, followed by some really AMAZING sleep (7/8 hours).

I don't know the status in your state (I'm in California so I have a prescription) but it might be worth the while.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
There's a specific strain of weed that I got a joint of that acts about twenty times stronger than Ambien CR and kicks in much faster similarly to Intermezzo. Only thing I disliked about it is that it put me to sleep so fast and way too long; even made me sleepy the next day, lol. I'll see if I can find what it was.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Find a 'proper' one, I had no idea about strands of weed, until I called the dispensary for the first time and they pretty much guided me the whole process for getting the best one for my conditions, it really has been a godsend for my migraine and insomnia. Check weedmaps.com for a local doctor and a dispensary, I got my card for like 20$ in 10 minutes.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Weed cures my insomnia too. I went from getting 3-4 hours sleep a night to a blissful 8 hours. Seriously, until you've consistently had insomnia for months straight and have felt the toll it wreaks on your mind and body, you can't understand how badly it starts to fuck with every aspect of your life. Unfortunately weed also turns me into a ScyFy watching zombie that communicates in monosyllables, consuming every food item in my path.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I've never been a great sleeper, but I wouldn't say I get insomnia either. In any case, yes, weed does make it easier for me to fall asleep. But on the other hand, I find that 6 hours of sober sleep is the equivalent of 8 hours of weed induced sleep. The quality just isn't as good, and I definitely wake up groggier. But if you can't fall asleep at all, I suppose that would be a small price to pay.