Insomniac's Marvel's Spider-Man 2 PS5 releasing Oct 20th 2023

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I loved the original and there's a lot of good in this one but there is way too much pandering and annoying pronoun shit taking place here, the Asmon video doesn't even do it justice.

As an example, here were 3 story missions that were completed back to back to back:

1- Miles helps a gay student ask out his crush.
2- The deaf girl that Miles likes calls him using a voice robot to chat.
3- Black cat portals herself to France to help save her girlfriend.

I suppose I should be thankful that MJ is still a redhead and Peter / Harry shit is cool but I could have done without pretty much everything to do Miles so far and I actually enjoyed the Miles Morales game.

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looks like Mary Jane was changed in this so a writer for the game could self insert.

it's funny, they've been making the characters look like the voice actors. they even changed pete's model in the first one to look like a younger yuri lowenthal MONTHS after it released. i always wondered why they didn't just make mj a red headed laura bailey...

joz123

Potato del Grande
it's funny, they've been making the characters look like the voice actors. they even changed pete's model in the first one to look like a younger yuri lowenthal MONTHS after it released. i always wondered why they didn't just make mj a red headed laura bailey...
Because they would rather have you looking at a crooked mouth lesbian with a Vanessa chin/jaw.

j00t

I loved the original and there's a lot of good in this one but there is way too much pandering and annoying pronoun shit taking place here, the Asmon video doesn't even do it justice.

As an example, here were 3 story missions that were completed back to back to back:

1- Miles helps a gay student ask out his crush.
2- The deaf girl that Miles likes calls him using a voice robot to chat.
3- Black cat portals herself to France to help save her girlfriend.

I suppose I should be thankful that MJ is still a redhead and Peter / Harry shit is cool but I could have done without pretty much everything to do Miles so far and I actually enjoyed the Miles Morales game.
yeah, i thought the same thing. it reminded me of that one leaked letter from sony to disney when they were trading spider-man for the MCU and sony was like, peter parker is white and straight. this is not to be changed. i think we all laughed at the time but sony KNEW.

they probably told the same thing to insomniac.

however, i'd like to rebutt your 2nd point. hailey's text to speech ONLY happens when miles is swinging around and hailey texts him. every other time someone contacts miles or pete while they are spider-manning it around the city, they call him. but hailey can't talk, so she texts. so i don't have a problem at all with text to speech happening at that moment. every other time hailey texts him, miles is able to read it so there's no text to speech. i took it as a subtle "don't text and drive (web swing around new york)"

but yeah, if feels like everyone else in new york is gay. one of the crimes has you bring a victim to the hospital and when you land and place the dude on the gurney, he's like "My boyfriend thinks your the best!" it's just a random event, but i got it 3 times.

j00t

in other news, i 100% it this afternoon. significantly better than the miles morales game, though i think a lot of the story was made better by what happened in the miles morales game. i'm really happy with it, and i'm excited for what's next

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
This game needs an accessibility option for "This side quest is dumb as fuck, would you like to skip it and mark it complete?".

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So when Spider-Man 3 comes out can we give these douches the middle finger and everyone in the world buys the Middle East version?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so wrapped this up. Might finish off some other things to get a plat - will see. Spoilers abound.

The Good:

Ran fantastic on PS5 performance and looked amazing. Slick controls.
Main Story line was good. Sets up for a DLC or 3rd game without much of a cliff hanger. (Albeit a little one)
Sound, Music, etc all epic.
Voice acting was fantastic.
Jameson was hilarious as always

The Neutral:

Side activities were great. The 1st time. The next 7-9 of them got old without any variety. Still they weren't as awful as the last ones I suppose.
Side mission stories - not a lot here - should have been more - and less woke as fuck.
MJ missions. Forced stealth sucks - but at least she got a weapon.
The fight against MJ when she was a symbiotic, while ok, was an annoying ass too long of a fight
Fights themselves even boss fights all repeated the same steps and lasted way too long.
Would have liked to see more Kraven and his entire backstory. In fact, it all should have been about him to begin with instead of veering off into
Venom and Harry.

The bad: So much fucking woke I might not buy the next game.

* The gay ass woke shit and rainbows all over the fucking place. Jesus - Shut the fuck up already. I also do not want to help some gay college kid figure out how to ask some other dude out to Homecoming. Fucking kidding me? Which even then, sure. How about a heterosexual relationship with the same questline? Nada.

* Oh hey now Black Cat is a fucking lesbian with a girlfriend in Paris? Oh for fucks sake SHUT THE FUCK UP. SHE IS NOT FUCKING GAY. She has an obsession with Spiderman, tried to ruin his relationship with MJ, tried to make him jealous by dating Eugene "Flash" Thompson, and even when fucking Puma (ANOTHER GUY YOU FUCKING DEV TWITS) STILL will ALWAYS have an obsession with Peter Parker. Period. Not turning fucking carpet muncher with some chick we never heard of in PARIS! For fuck's sake STOP THE NONSENSE. Want to write in a lesbian character go right ahead! Want to write in some gay shit? Go ahead! It doesn't need to be plastered everywhere in the fucking game and sure as fuck do not need to re-write generations of character arcs because some fucking purple haired fuck off dev got a wild hair up her non transitory dick. But guess what? That will not be done will it. Because all you care about is pandering to 1% of the population with NO FUCKING MONEY TO SPEND ANYWAY and you cannot be original in actually creating a new character with that story arc.

* Whoever designed the Symbotic activity should go back to working in a car wash. Let's put two objectives we need to guard on opposite ends of the playfield while being swarmed with fucking symbiotics who get in our way and we literally cannot web path over when they start attacking the other side we need to defend over and over again with failed out timers due to collision and control mishaps. I would rather crush my balls in a vice then go through these ever again.

* Hey cell phone chick - you are so God Damn unmemorable. Your bullshit liberal buzzwords of "LETS DO THIS!" "WE CAN DO THIS!" "WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER" - "WE DID IT WE GOT THROUGH THIS TOGETHER!" - Guess what you fucking human trash heap. You and your "Together" buddies in New York didn't do JACK SHIT. Peter, Miles, MJ and my Dual Shock 5 controller did all the lifting so how about you shut the fuck up with how WE ALL DID THIS TOGETHER and jam it up your sorry asshole. (This plays into real world semantics and why I despise the woke liberal pussified mindset). You and all your woke buddies cried inside your fucking house waiting for a republican to show up and actually get some shit done so you can go back to crying in your fucking protest booth about the next thing. So kiss my ass. (In game roleplay over.)

* Hey folks - here is what it is like to be deaf! But wait, they didn't get that right because guess what you fucking woke ass dev faggots thinking you are being inclusive for black deaf people around the world? They cannot hear muffles of sound or vibrations. Worthless cucks. Also, you just glorified vandalism. Quit spray painting on buildings not owned by you. Also, the kid painting that our deaf friend helped, she wasn't good. How do you get people to get good? Definitely not a participation trophy invite to a club and telling them they are good when they aren't.

* Learn when too much drag is too much drag (No not gay stuff). Fights carried on and on and FUCKING ON. Round 1 - FIGHT. UH OH REINFORCEMENTS. UH OH. MINI FIGHT. It lasted forever in some of these when after about 5 minutes of straight ass pounding I wanted it to be over with already. Don't over stay welcomes in this. Wrap it up cock gobblers.

* "Hey folks need some more side activities - I know, let's put Spide-rbots everywhere that will be fun" - Whoever developed this, you are more detached from reality then college protesters thinking there was ever a fucking country called Palestine.

* Black music museum. I checked out a few of which 4 of the 5 were dead fucking wrong. Leave it to some white blue hair social justice warrior who listens to Brittney Spears think they are an expert on Black Jazz. Ray Charles, Scatman Crothers, Louis Armstrong, and Sonny Rollins (No not the bird you worthless fucks) were the right answers. What did you do here? Just go to Google and look up some random black musicians? These devs wouldn't even know the music if they heard it.

8/10 on the main story.
-10/10 on the Woke - can you get any worse? I do not think so.

Next game I'll just pirate and play through friendly non die mode across the main story and touch nothing else - unless they infect that too by making Octo a pedophile and trying to normalize it. That's about the last thing left for these "Want a cookie?" Insomniac idiots.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I it worth investing in the Symbiote powers? I assume you lose it after a while in the story. Do they refund the skill points or do they change somehow?

j00t

I it worth investing in the Symbiote powers? I assume you lose it after a while in the story. Do they refund the skill points or do they change somehow?
yeah it's worth it. towards the end of the game you get them back with some new variations that are effected by your skill tree

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok so wrapped this up. Might finish off some other things to get a plat - will see. Spoilers abound.

The Good:

Ran fantastic on PS5 performance and looked amazing. Slick controls.
Main Story line was good. Sets up for a DLC or 3rd game without much of a cliff hanger. (Albeit a little one)
Sound, Music, etc all epic.
Voice acting was fantastic.
Jameson was hilarious as always

The Neutral:

Side activities were great. The 1st time. The next 7-9 of them got old without any variety. Still they weren't as awful as the last ones I suppose.
Side mission stories - not a lot here - should have been more - and less woke as fuck.
MJ missions. Forced stealth sucks - but at least she got a weapon.
The fight against MJ when she was a symbiotic, while ok, was an annoying ass too long of a fight
Fights themselves even boss fights all repeated the same steps and lasted way too long.
Would have liked to see more Kraven and his entire backstory. In fact, it all should have been about him to begin with instead of veering off into
Venom and Harry.

The bad: So much fucking woke I might not buy the next game.

* The gay ass woke shit and rainbows all over the fucking place. Jesus - Shut the fuck up already. I also do not want to help some gay college kid figure out how to ask some other dude out to Homecoming. Fucking kidding me? Which even then, sure. How about a heterosexual relationship with the same questline? Nada.

* Oh hey now Black Cat is a fucking lesbian with a girlfriend in Paris? Oh for fucks sake SHUT THE FUCK UP. SHE IS NOT FUCKING GAY. She has an obsession with Spiderman, tried to ruin his relationship with MJ, tried to make him jealous by dating Eugene "Flash" Thompson, and even when fucking Puma (ANOTHER GUY YOU FUCKING DEV TWITS) STILL will ALWAYS have an obsession with Peter Parker. Period. Not turning fucking carpet muncher with some chick we never heard of in PARIS! For fuck's sake STOP THE NONSENSE. Want to write in a lesbian character go right ahead! Want to write in some gay shit? Go ahead! It doesn't need to be plastered everywhere in the fucking game and sure as fuck do not need to re-write generations of character arcs because some fucking purple haired fuck off dev got a wild hair up her non transitory dick. But guess what? That will not be done will it. Because all you care about is pandering to 1% of the population with NO FUCKING MONEY TO SPEND ANYWAY and you cannot be original in actually creating a new character with that story arc.

* Whoever designed the Symbotic activity should go back to working in a car wash. Let's put two objectives we need to guard on opposite ends of the playfield while being swarmed with fucking symbiotics who get in our way and we literally cannot web path over when they start attacking the other side we need to defend over and over again with failed out timers due to collision and control mishaps. I would rather crush my balls in a vice then go through these ever again.

* Hey cell phone chick - you are so God Damn unmemorable. Your bullshit liberal buzzwords of "LETS DO THIS!" "WE CAN DO THIS!" "WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER" - "WE DID IT WE GOT THROUGH THIS TOGETHER!" - Guess what you fucking human trash heap. You and your "Together" buddies in New York didn't do JACK SHIT. Peter, Miles, MJ and my Dual Shock 5 controller did all the lifting so how about you shut the fuck up with how WE ALL DID THIS TOGETHER and jam it up your sorry asshole. (This plays into real world semantics and why I despise the woke liberal pussified mindset). You and all your woke buddies cried inside your fucking house waiting for a republican to show up and actually get some shit done so you can go back to crying in your fucking protest booth about the next thing. So kiss my ass. (In game roleplay over.)

* Hey folks - here is what it is like to be deaf! But wait, they didn't get that right because guess what you fucking woke ass dev faggots thinking you are being inclusive for black deaf people around the world? They cannot hear muffles of sound or vibrations. Worthless cucks. Also, you just glorified vandalism. Quit spray painting on buildings not owned by you. Also, the kid painting that our deaf friend helped, she wasn't good. How do you get people to get good? Definitely not a participation trophy invite to a club and telling them they are good when they aren't.

* Learn when too much drag is too much drag (No not gay stuff). Fights carried on and on and FUCKING ON. Round 1 - FIGHT. UH OH REINFORCEMENTS. UH OH. MINI FIGHT. It lasted forever in some of these when after about 5 minutes of straight ass pounding I wanted it to be over with already. Don't over stay welcomes in this. Wrap it up cock gobblers.

* "Hey folks need some more side activities - I know, let's put Spide-rbots everywhere that will be fun" - Whoever developed this, you are more detached from reality then college protesters thinking there was ever a fucking country called Palestine.

* Black music museum. I checked out a few of which 4 of the 5 were dead fucking wrong. Leave it to some white blue hair social justice warrior who listens to Brittney Spears think they are an expert on Black Jazz. Ray Charles, Scatman Crothers, Louis Armstrong, and Sonny Rollins (No not the bird you worthless fucks) were the right answers. What did you do here? Just go to Google and look up some random black musicians? These devs wouldn't even know the music if they heard it.

8/10 on the main story.
-10/10 on the Woke - can you get any worse? I do not think so.

Next game I'll just pirate and play through friendly non die mode across the main story and touch nothing else - unless they infect that too by making Octo a pedophile and trying to normalize it. That's about the last thing left for these "Want a cookie?" Insomniac idiots.
An octopus can change color you know.

A leaked trailer shows him changing his skin color to black and undergoing an extensive transformation into a self-identified black woman (by changing his pronouns). After experiencing compliments and unprovoked offerings of help (from white men) he breeds an army of lgbtqia2s+ blacktinX activists in his lab. Unfortunately this is where the trailer ends. Day 1 pre-order obviously, unless you are a bigot.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished this. I thought the story was amazing.

I love their interpretation of Kraven and how it resolved.

I thought their take on Venom was pretty good too, ended up with pretty epic ending. Although the final fight dragged one a bit.

The traversal was still as fun as before. Never used fats travel, way too much fun to swing around town or glide.

Combat is great too, captures what Spider-Man is all about. It was fun switching between Peter and Miles as their power set differs somewhat.

Now, the open world stuff was not great. I usually love open world stuff and discerning all the POI and stuff in these type of games even if it’s repetitive, but here I couldn’t do it. The open world stuff isn’t particularly fun and is extremely repetitive. After just a few hours I found myself just skipping it and concentrated on main story and side story and left most of the map POI undone which is totally unlike me.

At the end be of the day I had a great time because I feel the story, combat and traversal were amazing but the open world activities were really not fun to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doing normal crimes seems pointless in this game or am I missing something? Last game they counted towards map completion at least. I guess they give you tech items for upgrades?

I like the MSQ but the sidestuff is taxing. The mysterio stuff takes too long and it you dont get gold you have to redo them, ugh.

j00t

the crimes give a ton of exp and tech, that's the only reason to do them.

for the mysteriums, there was a couple that i didn't get gold on and just left them. i figured i did them a little too early and didn't have the specific skills to needed to optimize them, so i'd come back later and never did. there were a few that took me 2 or 3 tries, and i liked the challenge, then there were some that i was missing gold by just a few seconds and it took me like 45 minutes. a smarter man would have just left it at silver, but...

anyway, point is you don't HAVE to get gold, by the end of the game i had unlocked everything and still had a couple of those mysteriums stuck at silver.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah im just doing crimes for XP and tech, every 15 mins or so I unlock a new suit and the variants and change costumes. Makes playing fun. Skill tree wise I've just focused on both and just now I'm starting to unlock skills for each person, probably the wrong way but it feels like you earn all the currency pretty steady and reliabily.

I'm slow as balls though, I feel like I play 1-2 hours a day and I'm only a little bit past 30% overall in a bit under 2 weeks lol. Its a fantastic game playing for an hour or two a day though, you feel like you got shit done and its a great combo between cut scenes and combat/action. Really enjoying switching between the two chars too.

• 1Like

j00t

yeah im just doing crimes for XP and tech, every 15 mins or so I unlock a new suit and the variants and change costumes. Makes playing fun. Skill tree wise I've just focused on both and just now I'm starting to unlock skills for each person, probably the wrong way but it feels like you earn all the currency pretty steady and reliabily.

I'm slow as balls though, I feel like I play 1-2 hours a day and I'm only a little bit past 30% overall in a bit under 2 weeks lol. Its a fantastic game playing for an hour or two a day though, you feel like you got shit done and its a great combo between cut scenes and combat/action. Really enjoying switching between the two chars too.
there are a couple points in the group skill tree that i think are important early on. one of them is on the right side that respawns a spider gadget after a short combo, and the other one is pretty far down on the left side. attacking someone when they are up against a wall will do a repeated side-kick thing. it makes taking out brutes pretty easy, though later on in the game they will kick out of the corner after a couple hits. it's still good for some quick damage though, so it's definitely worth the investment.

outside of that, i focused solely on the individual trees until i had completely cleared them out and i didn't really have any issue with combat at all. there were a few that were definitely a challenge, but the right kind of challenge. i also focused on the health upgrades that gave health regen, the default webshooters and the spider gadget that pulls everyone in. obviously the other gadgets have their value, but the base web shooters are pretty baller in this game, especially when you get health from using them.