Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is it that bad over there? I'm purposefully ignoring it, even though I have a little bitcoin.
It's pretty stable these days last I checked. There was some ugliness the last bounced down to the sub 30k levels though.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Whenever you are negative to someone else's success, you hurt your own success. Karma is a thing. You will never be more than mediocre at anything.

I hope that everyone one in this thread is prospering. I hope everyone I come into contact with does better. Wealthy people get wealthier by making other people wealthier. The quicker you understand this, the quicker you make money. I hope that someone gets a new idea from me that helps them out, either for the business, or for trading. Over the years, people have PMd me or told me I helped them out with my business thread. I hope that we can grow financially together over the years. I learn from you, you learn from me.

Anyone saying they know everything about the markets is a liar. My business school just got ranked #1 in the US for Finance, and one thing they always said there, mastering the markets takes a lifetime. You want to do well? How much time do you have to devote to learning?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Whenever you are negative to someone else's success, you hurt your own success. Karma is a thing. You will never be more than mediocre at anything.

I hope that everyone one in this thread is prospering. I hope everyone I come into contact with does better. Wealthy people get wealthier by making other people wealthier. The quicker you understand this, the quicker you make money. I hope that someone gets a new idea from me that helps them out, either for the business, or for trading. Over the years, people have PMd me or told me I helped them out with my business thread. I hope that we can grow financially together over the years. I learn from you, you learn from me.

Anyone saying they know everything about the markets is a liar. My business school just got ranked #1 in the US for Finance, and one thing they always said there, mastering the markets takes a lifetime. You want to do well? How much time do you have to devote to learning?

What do you think about day traders like Kenny Glick? A while back I started looking into day trading and joined his trading operation for awhile, just watching and trying to learn. But I felt completely out of my element and I never actually tried to do any myself. I don't know if he still uses it, but it seemed like he was making a steady amount of money from VWAP reversals.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Stop being so negative. Nobody is sitting here clutching their pearls hoping for the best. My account represents 1/30 of my net worth, and I don't trade it all.

If you are waiting for an account implosion, you'll be waiting a long time motherfucker. My trading rules don't allow for me to lose more than .5% of my account total in a day. If you look at my gains in the last month, including Friday, I'd have to be stopped out every day for 40 trading days in a row, for me to lose my gains (without touching the original investment).

Since April, I have never lost money more than two days in a row, and my loss days are much much lower than they were. I'm not a newb any more, I have rigid rules that protect me. What you are calling for is statistically impossible.

14 years ago when I went into business, people on here said it would fail, but here I am, paid in full, having gotten through multiple recessions and covid. 14 years ago, some of you motherfuckers said I'd go bankrupt, but I'm free and clear, worth millions and have stood the test of surviving the pandemic.

Same douchebag as always. As expected.

• 1SchwarzeNeg
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Same douchebag as always. As expected.

Yeah, I def don't have patience for any sort of trolling any more. We shall not speak again. Take your ass onto screenshots, we are MAKING money here.

Last edited:
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Its not trolling. You are beating your chest like its the fucking jungle here. There is no need for that or for baseless accusations or assumptions about others.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Those Clay trader videos are cringey. Dude has no levels marked out. Entries aren’t against support or resistance levels. Dude literally says “looks weak, shorting”. He kept adding at really strange levels without any sort of confirmation. Could have easily blasted him out.

Honestly looks very amateurish trading.
I'm def open to people you think I should be watching. I feel like I should be mailing you some money with those book suggestions. You def made me a few percent this last month.

Last edited:

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
What do you think about day traders like Kenny Glick? A while back I started looking into day trading and joined his trading operation for awhile, just watching and trying to learn. But I felt completely out of my element and I never actually tried to do any myself. I don't know if he still uses it, but it seemed like he was making a steady amount of money from VWAP reversals.
I'm open to anyone that is killing it right now. I'll look him up. The traders I've watched are ClayTrader, Warrior Trading and Humbled Trader.

Last edited:

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Trade ideas for the week? I'll be playing JETS. Any sort of dip, I'll hop back on. I am going to short ZM and MRNA (for small periods of time, not overnight). So more of the pairs trade I did end of last week. Looking to grab AMZN under 3,200. I keep missing it. Swing trading MA, NCLH and MSGE.

I've already got a few percent gain I haven't sold off. I have a trailing stop loss set to cover my gains, but get some upside.

Its easier to day trade when you are swimming with the stream, versus against it. That should go without saying, right? The travel sector is heating up, and if I'm short, its a very small short position, and only with confirmation.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Being the whore I am I am watching FB at the moment. It is getting pummeled with bad news. I will be a buyer if the price is right. I'll feel bad about buying it, but I'll still buy it.

NVDA is beginning to get in the neighborhood I will jump back in.

I will add to MSFT on any more weakness.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cross posting this because it could be really relevant to investors...

Power outages. Companies like Intel and such shutting down till it gets straightene out. Long term fix March 2022. All kind of tech related issues coming up.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Cross posting this because it could be really relevant to investors...

Yeah lot of tech companies and suppliers shutting down till the end of the month due to not having power in China. Plus no permanent fix until March 2022. They mentioned Intel among others. Unrelated note took me a minute to realise when he was saying 3/4 dam he was saying 3 gorges dam.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm no expert but my (obviously expert!) opinion is that the CCP can't afford a Lehman Brothers moment and they know it. In the US the people were pissed and most of the angst went against the bankers. The CCP doesn't have that luxury except for state propaganda which will blame everyone but the CCP.

All those ghost cities are a result of their real estate speculation market and as investment and even simple household savings vehicles. They're awful buildings that are falling apart and many are unlivable/unsafe shortly after they're built.

Couple that with low birth rates, they will probably never fill those ghost cities, even if they had been built to some kind of western standards of construction simply because China's population is probably going to shrink. It's aging fast and their problems are growing worse and worse.

I fully expect a Taiwan invasion in the next few years, I give it at least 60% odds, because what else can murderous communists do when they're given a window of dementia-ridden opportunity?

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just now, closed my overnight shorts of ZM and MRNA, made 39 and 373 respectively. 412 profit. I opened a position end of the day on Friday in MRNA that lost 50. Closed the positions in the premarket, not wanting to hold them going into the open. MRNA has been overpriced, but that doesn't mean they won't keep pushing, and its more volatile than I like to trade for long periods of time.

Still holding JETS, MA and MSGE overnight. MSGE got a bad piece of news, so I guess I'm holding a bit until contract negotiations clears up.

10-4 ZM.JPG

MRNA 10-4.JPG

Last edited:

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Closed my overnight shorts of ZM and MRNA, made 34 and 423 respectively.
Being the whore I am I am watching FB at the moment. It is getting pummeled with bad news. I will be a buyer if the price is right. I'll feel bad about buying it, but I'll still buy it.

NVDA is beginning to get in the neighborhood I will jump back in.

I will add to MSFT on any more weakness.
I sold my NVDA at 220.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Very interesting retirement calculator. According to this, I should have retired a few years ago.

I swear I've posted that one before.

I like it because people significantly over-estimate the probability they go broke, while ignoring how much more likely they are to end up dead first. It's a good reality check for people who could retire already that maybe they don't have as many years as they think.

Everyone always talks about working too few years, but no one does about too many.