Dance Dancing GIF by The Dude Perfect Show

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Rip oil stocks

Nope. OPEC+ will see this as a "fuck you" and fuck with their production. The SPR isnt designed to do anything about our current situation. Its designed for a short term shock. The only way to solve this is to get the shale players going hard and heavy, but "oil is bad" so they wont get any support from the gubmint. Also threats to shutdown another pipeline in the US is insanity with current oil prices.

CVX +2.5% on the news.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nope. OPEC+ will see this as a "fuck you" and fuck with their production. The SPR isnt designed to do anything about our current situation. Its designed for a short term shock. The only way to solve this is to get the shale players going hard and heavy, but "oil is bad" so they wont get any support from the gubmint. Also threats to shutdown another pipeline in the US is insanity with current oil prices.

CVX +2.5% on the news.

I agree actually, was at least hoping for a nice panic sell but I dont think I would play oil right now anyways.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The drop on these tech stocks is crazy. Id link a chart but theres far too many to link.

Amazon hit 3700 and tanked which is expected but I get the feeling someone knows something I dont...

Ahh...ok.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrote some puts on MTTR. I am now officially in the MTTR club. Wrote the December $20 strike for 50 cents

And added to my MA position at $320

• 1Solidarity

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Sold my AMZN position for strong gains, had a stop at $3650 to get out if we fell back into the consolidation box. Tried to be patient on this swing to see if we would get breakout but looks like it's not ready for that yet. I'll add back 3200-3400

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold my AMZN position for strong gains, had a stop at $3650 to get out if we fell back into the consolidation box. Tried to be patient on this swing to see if we would get breakout but looks like it's not ready for that yet. I'll add back 3200-3400
I bailed at $3625. Funny that I consider AMZN a swing trade now

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Good thing I sold those IWM calls, from 1.10 to .82 in a little over an hour.

• 1Mother of God

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Rip oil stocks

Got my energy stuff out a few weeks ago. You known it's clown world as normal when the mayor a town that has a refinery holds a press conference touting the millions the company that owns the refinery is spending on a project. Ya ya ya. Oh yea they skipped the part where they're shutting down a process at the adjacent chemical plant and moving it to another state. But clown world as normal lol.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My market buy of MA at 357.62 will forever crush my portfolio.

I'd have 2x the returns without it in my individual account.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I got destroyed today.

I need to invest in more ETFs not on the Nasdaq.
You might want to check various ETF baskets of holdings before deciding to find ETFs that lack Nasdaq exposure. Its like saying you want to find water that isnt wet.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You might want to check various ETF baskets of holdings before deciding to find ETFs that lack Nasdaq exposure. Its like saying you want to find water that isnt wet.
I always do check the holdings of my ETFs and mutual funds, and a lot of them are just heavily weighted to the Nasdaq.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Today was one of those days when i circle back to portfolio diversity. I get a fair amount of shit for holdings like industrials and consumer staples but days like these are the reasons i own them. I was still in the red today, but only about 30 basis points. You really need to use rotational stocks as hedges in a growth/tech heavy portfolio in my opinion.

Here are some reasons today was a small cut and not a gash for me...

CAT+1%
FDX +2%
LMT +1%
NOC +3%
NUE +6%
T +2%
VZ+1%
WMT +2%
WYNN +4%

I got my lunch eaten in my fintechs, but the hedge stocks counted most of it.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I always do check the holdings of my ETFs and mutual funds, and a lot of them are just heavily weighted to the Nasdaq.
Thats because nearly all ETFs today are cap weighted. Three guesses where a lot of the largest companies in the US stock market are... in the Nasdaq

The secret isnt to avoid the Nasdaq, its to diversify your portfolio with hedge stocks

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users