Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I do enjoy that they are bailing out Warren Buffet (BRK) with the airlines. BRK has the cash for the airline bailout and then some, so why did it have to come from the govt? Nobody even forces them as majority shareholder to at least get in front of a camera and explain why they can't meet the cash need.
Rules don't apply to Warren.

Pops

We have had a good rally off the low. Now's the time to be patient and see how it goes. There always are a profit taking phase. Hell I'd love nothing more then retest that low and not break.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to have to donate a few mill or whatever it costs to have dinner with him so he can explain to me why he needs tax payer money.
Remember you get rich by spending other people's money.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Pops

I do enjoy that they are bailing out Warren Buffet (BRK) with the airlines. BRK has the cash for the airline bailout and then some, so why did it have to come from the govt? Nobody even forces them as majority shareholder to at least get in front of a camera and explain why they can't meet the cash need.

Because he knows Trump will bail them out and so do they. He's waiting to extract his pound of flesh from the desperate.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Because he knows Trump will bail them out and so do they. He's waiting to extract his pound of flesh from the desperate.

He owned about 10% of each of them going in I have no doubt he waited until it was affirmed to him what they would receive and he'll come out of it telling us he now owns a considerable chunk of them or has been given preferred shares with ridiculous conditions attached.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I cut bait on M a few minutes ago. Its never fun to eat a loss, but I just got caught on the wrong side of a trade a couple of weeks before the crash. No analysis I did showed me turning it around once they suspended the dividend. I decided I was better taking what was left in it and putting it to work in the current market. It was dead money otherwise. 😡

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pops

I'm still stuck in those god damn energy mlp's especially the ones I bought pre Sand Nakers. Took a big loss in Ceqp. Now starting to nibble on Ceqp pfd at 4. Has a 9.25 par value a busted convert. Yields 20%. Low of 2 on the puke day. Finally got the huevos to buy. The mlp had one of the strongest financials of the bunch. If they cut the div on the common this should rally.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I'm still stuck in those god damn energy mlp's especially the ones I bought pre Sand Nakers. Took a big loss in Ceqp. Now starting to nibble on Ceqp pfd at 4. Has a 9.25 par value a busted convert. Yields 20%. Low of 2 on the puke day. Finally got the huevos to buy. The mlp had one of the strongest financials of the bunch. If they cut the div on the common this should rally.

I am still in ET at about 14/share. I hope they cut the goddamn dividend and get it above that in a year. I'm so out of ONG forever after this.

Edit: I am so out of single stock trading forever and ever after this.

• 1Like

Pops

I am still in ET at about 14/share. I hope they cut the goddamn dividend and get it above that in a year. I'm so out of ONG forever after this.

Edit: I am so out of single stock trading forever and ever after this.

Heh I'm in at 8.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
As annoying missing out on $1000 profit is, always good to know Im not deep red like those autists.

• 1Like

Pops

If any of you are in a money market, these muni mm's are in the 5% range. A far cry from from govie mm.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
If that hack on AMD is real you might have dodged a bullet.
Im sure AMD is pissed, but from what ive read and what AMD(they could be downplaying) said its not too much of a concern;

So far it sounds like all they got where the software testing documentation for current navi and upcoming navi/console GPUs. If anything I would think if this was a serious threat more than spoiled pr, the market would have reacted. Instead its up 6.4% today.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So are we technically in a bull market again?

Technically, but really to properly label them we have to do so in hindsight. If we go down again it will just be called a bear rally. If we set any kind of higher low then looking back they will label Monday as the first day of a new bull.

..edit went and redid the math bull and bear markets are based on closing price so no we aren't quite there yet SPX close above 2684 would mark 20% off the closing low

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Of course my fucking IRA contributions will go in today. Motherfucker!

I do think I got one good timing for my 401k, but otherwise most of my automatics have been on up days.

• 2Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't worry market will crash again next week and you will have a chance to buy back in lower.

• 1Like