Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
-2.7 to +0.05
and it lost about 15 basis points in the last 60 seconds with all the MOC sell orders from the scrubs who sold their mutual funds in the morning and never looked at it during the afternoon.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I like how black Monday in '87 barely shows up.

FHuujxiXoAk_0-D
Because it's proportional to the fact that so much money has been printed the past 20 years and there's no other good place to put that money.

This is what happens when you print a ton of money and hand it directly to banks. There's upsides and downsides, certainly.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ya showing that graph adjusted for inflation and then overlaid with the level of QE over the same time frame would be interesting.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
nt

Attachments

• quote-i-m-not-better-than-the-next-trader-just-quicker-at-admitting-my-mistakes-and-moving-geo...jpg
    quote-i-m-not-better-than-the-next-trader-just-quicker-at-admitting-my-mistakes-and-moving-geo...jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Let's Go Brandon!
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The thing about boomer stocks is they are low beta and have actual earnings. Buffett's theory is sound. It's just not something you want to be 100% in, just like pure growth isn't something to be 100% in. Variety is the spice of life.

And fuck Cathy 😀

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Here is a gift. Stocks I would consider as core holdings that should be buy/hold for a long time. Note the numbers are living numbers so they have already shifted by a few pennies since I pulled them a few minutes ago. The red shad means the current price is below that number.

ps.. Looks like Dead cats can indeed bounce.

edi: correcting a typo with a couple of the blocks being shaded incorrectly and added NUE

1641912980684.png

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My tiny bit of energy stocks picking up again. Starting to see rumblings again of $100 brl oil.