Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

Most of the $800 billion Paycheck Protection Program went to business owners​

I got my share for the three businesses I own.

Yep, its was laughable how they were just tossing money out. If you were savvy , you made out big during corona. I contacted a few family friends who I know are not, but are hard working lower middle class people and helped them sign up for as many cornoa gibs as I could. Food stamps, help with internet bills, unemployment money, etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Haha, it's always funny watching people who are so politically charged completely forsake their own "staunch ideals" to game the system as hard as they can

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yep, its was laughable how they were just tossing money out. If you were savvy , you made out big during corona. I contacted a few family friends who I know are not, but are hard working lower middle class people and helped them sign up for as many cornoa gibs as I could. Food stamps, help with internet bills, unemployment money, etc
Damn, wonder where all this inflation is coming from.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Haha, it's always funny watching people who are so politically charged completely forsake their own "staunch ideals" to game the system as hard as they can
Do you minimize your tax liability every year?

Khane

Do you minimize your tax liability every year?

Yes, and I also don't call people American Inventors and pretend I am better than everyone else who does the same constantly and habitually.

AKA, I'm not a gigantic hypocrite.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yes, and I also don't call people American Inventors and pretend I am better than everyone else who does the same constantly and habitually.

AKA, I'm not a gigantic hypocrite.
If government is giving out money that can be obtained legally then everyone should do their best to obtain said money. To do otherwise is to be a jogger.

Khane

If government is giving out money that can be obtained legally then everyone should do their best to obtain said money. To do otherwise is to be a jogger.

Never has a statement more at odds with itself been uttered. But I'm pretty sure you're trolling at this point.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ahh, the holier than thou has made an appearance. I didn't pass the bills. I wouldn't have voted for the bills. I was against the bills. But if those fucktards passed them, then I am going to take advantage of it. I took the stimulus money (that I was able to tank my AGI to qualify for) and I maxed out the PPP loans and made sure I followed the rules to the letter so that I didn't have to pay a dime of them back. I didn't make the rules, I followed the rules.

At least I am honest about it.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Think this is the wrong thread for this...

QQQ closed at the 200D, haven't been tracking the spy but I'm sure it's right there as well.

The fact the narrative is the rate hikes are priced in yet we're now at the point for many tech stocks like AMD and Nvidia are just about where things bounced from back in December when the fear of rate hikes were the narrative and that was still only fear of a quarter hike...

Now the odds of a half point hike are 1 in 3 yet we're climbing...

I think clown world has infected the market and the greed for gains is pushing these prices on nothing more than it's own desire for money. This leaves me paralyzed when the call is clearly to go short but the gains keep coming... Tomorrows CPI report will probably do nothing to give clarity either.

Khane

You're right, but I can't help myself when these shitheads brag about costing the rest of the taxpayer base money as some kind of badge of honor when they all they do elsewhere is lament it.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

QQQ closed at the 200D, haven't been tracking the spy but I'm sure it's right there as well.

The fact the narrative is the rate hikes are priced in yet we're now at the point for many tech stocks like AMD and Nvidia are just about where things bounced from back in December when the fear of rate hikes were the narrative and that was still only fear of a quarter hike...

Now the odds of a half point hike are 1 in 3 yet we're climbing...

I think clown world has infected the market and the greed for gains is pushing these prices on nothing more than it's own desire for money. This leaves me paralyzed when the call is clearly to go short but the gains keep coming... Tomorrows CPI report will probably do nothing to give clarity either.
Logic and fundamentals will only take you so far in today's market. You can look at it and see it's ripe for shorting and then Janet Powell gets the call from Biden and whoops he takes a rate hike or two off the chart. Oops. Let's be honest, AMC and GME were proper short targets. But the fuckers got greedy with the naked shorts and pushed the envelope too far.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Most of the $800 billion Paycheck Protection Program went to business owners​

I got my share for the three businesses I own.

What a fucking piece of propaganda. Most of it went to "business owners" of fictitious businesses "owned" by a foreign scammers/agents, and then sent overseas to enemy countries. The small piece we got kept our employees payed for three months where we would have otherwise furloughed them because the state made it illegal for us to conduct business.

And it's all a drop in the bucket compared to state and federal unemployment payment scams.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And it's all a drop in the bucket compared to state and federal unemployment payment scams.
Not true.

PPP cost more than twice what the total cost of all the unemployment expansions cost put together.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You're right, but I can't help myself when these shitheads brag about costing the rest of the taxpayer base money as some kind of badge of honor when they all they do elsewhere is lament it.

You're a fucking idiot if you're a 5%-1% taxpayer and don't use any means necessary to get your money back.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users