Investing General Discussion

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
Noob question of the day.

It seems crypto generally follows the major stock indices during the week (or maybe both are responding to general market sentiment, or something. Anyway, they seem strongly linked during the week).

Then on the weekend when they're decoupled because the market is closed, crypto is often pretty dynamic.

Do people with experience in this stuff consider crypto movements on weekends to be relevant for predicting movement in stocks when markets open back up?
Not really no.

Certain stocks are related to crypto (MARA, RIOT, CLSK in example) so those could follow some of cryptos' moves, but for stocks over the weekend folks look at futures (posted above.)

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
View attachment 398355

head-rub-rub.gif
Da fuk you doing awake at 4am?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some thoughts:
For long term investors DIS should be a consideration. It had blowout earnings and growth on the DIS+ side of the house. It jumped 10% and then gave it back over the last couple of days of market weakness. I think the price in the 140's will payoff down the road. A 15% return by year end ($170 price) should be almost a given (crazy market shit not withstanding).

MSFT is right at the 200-DMA ($293.60) and its intermediate support is $286.50. The zone between $287 and $294 is a nice entry.

HD is right at the 200-DMA ($349.07) but it has earnings coming up. If you want to gamble on it beating earnings this could be an entry into a solid pop on earnings beats.

NVDA 200-DMA is $227 and intermediate support is at $219.44. if it shows weakness today a 5% drop gets it to the 200-DMA.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha.. and Fed Bullard back on CNBC whipping hysteria.

"Fed needs to front-load tightening because inflation is possibly accellerating."

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I really need to read up on how Fed officers are allowed to just go on TV shows and influence the market.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Man this could be one crazy ass day, maybe SPX drops 100 pts , rallies 100 pts or maybe it does both....twice.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The fact that ARKK is almost green is interesting to watch. IWM continuing to want to hold this level. And HYG flat. QQQ trying to go green. These are cues to me that things are less scary than they appear and could turn soon.

Previous breakout had SPY better positioned and QQQ and IWM poorly positioned. This pullback now may set us up for a broader based rally that has a better chance at success. We are still firmly in a decision pivot.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The fact that ARKK is almost green is interesting to watch. IWM continuing to want to hold this level. And HYG flat. QQQ trying to go green. These are cues to me that things are less scary than they appear and could turn soon.
Looks like tech stocks and boomer stocks are going in opposite directions due to risk of fuel and transportation prices going nuts to me.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks like tech stocks and boomer stocks are going in opposite directions due to risk of fuel and transportation prices going nuts to me.
Reasons are stupid, waste your time chasing externalities. Trading what is in front of you, I'm stating what IS happening, you are adding a "why" which is of no help. Not knocking you but trying to help you avoid a pitfall of thinking about markets.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users