Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is a helpful perspective for me. Obviously COVID profits can't last forever (everyone at home + free money). I would've been much better off to use my IRA's to play the COVID bumps and gtfo when the market started showing weakness. Bc, as you say, the market is forward looking. The market took their profits in Nov/Dec and started looking elsewhere.

I stayed where I was and I'm down 25% across all my shit. Crypto's down 50%. Luckily I'll still have money to throw in every month.
Let me stress, being down (while it feels like shit), isnt the end of world depending on the scenario. It depends on the quality of the stock and the timeframe you are holding for. Example, If you bought MSFT yesterday as an entry you would be down today because of the Ukraine news. MSFT is quality and it will turn back north at some point. This is why I stress to really avoid the meme stocks unless you are using a very small amount of your total portfolio for "speculation".

There is nothing wrong with up to 5% of your portfolio allocated to high risk plays. The other 95% you need to trust to high quality plays and indexes. My PYPL position is ugly looking right now. I have accepted its gonna take a year or so to turn it around. The company makes money and it isnt going anywhere so i just have to ride it out. This is also why I care so much about positive earnings and build around it on my holds.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Let me stress, being down (while it feels like shit), isnt the end of world depending on the scenario. It depends on the quality of the stock and the timeframe you are holding for. Example, If you bought MSFT yesterday as an entry you would be down today because of the Ukraine news. MSFT is quality and it will turn back north at some point. This is why I stress to really avoid the meme stocks unless you are using a very small amount of your total portfolio for "speculation".

There is nothing wrong with up to 5% of your portfolio allocated to high risk plays. The other 95% you need to trust to high quality plays and indexes. My PYPL position is ugly looking right now. I have accepted its gonna take a year or so to turn it around. The company makes money and it isnt going anywhere so i just have to ride it out. This is also why I care so much about positive earnings and build around it on my holds.

Yup. Learned that lesson really hard this past year.

However, I'm excited about the potential blood in the streets, bc that should let me re-enter into some solid names w good balance sheets and set the ship right.

Now...what to watch?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trade of the day so far:

tsla.jpg

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yup. Learned that lesson really hard this past year.

However, I'm excited about the potential blood in the streets, bc that should let me re-enter into some solid names w good balance sheets and set the ship right.

Now...what to watch?
Depending on your specific investing goals, here are some names you could consider researching. As always make sure to do your due diligence on them. Ignore the TQQQ, I was too lazy to remove it from the screen cap.

1645715921912.png

1645715960119.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Cathie sold $123m PLTR yesterday, of course it’s up 6% today.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If Putin decides to attack any NATO country, we have far bigger issues at hand. Short of Putin having dementia and completely insane, I can't see that happening as the act of attacking any NATO country immediately draws all NATO countries into war with Russia.
You misspelled United States. The rest of Nato are fucking pussies who expect the US to police the world for them. I'm tired of America having to fill that role. We've saved Europe twice in the past. 70+ years later, they still can't get their shit together to defend themselves. Let em burn.

Just my cynical two cents.

sue makes stuff GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think POTUS is speaking later today. That is probably the big unknown right now for the close.
12:30 EST

I honestly think it is a non-event. He will likely condemn and talk sanctions, but short of boots on the ground, nothing should be a surprise.

There's about 0.01% chance any US or NATO country is going to involve any troops while this is contained within Ukraine.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I think POTUS is speaking later today. That is probably the big unknown right now for the close.
yeah at 12:30 for a real bounce we have to have a market that doesn't give a shit, as long as they "care" what the news on Ukraine is we aren't going anywhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users