Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Mulling dumping my DIS stake. I know long term its not the best play but I am not liking what I am seeing there right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bears finally getting to eat...

istockphoto-134840971-170667a.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wrapping up the month and end of Q1 here on day trades. Pretty happy, all things considered with the market volatility / mess we have been in.

(January I was away in Italy)

Q1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not really mentioned but today is the last day for quarterly rebalancing of the pension funds and other big funds. Big Tech had a nice run last half of March so wont be surprised to see them having to sell some of the solid names today like AAPL.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The downgrade and sell off in AMD looks like it'll be a gift.

Can't believe the divergence from Nvidia.
They did this shit with clf not too long ago, it's bad until it's good.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One of the hardest things to accept about the market is that sometimes it just doesn't make sense. And it should because its fundamentally about math and valuations. It should. ABBV is a wonderful company. I love it. I (and a few others here) sold it because it had just gotten ahead of itself. Its PE ration usually sits in the low/mid teens. In January it was 20. Today its over 25. Even great companies can get over bought. Why? Who the hell knows. Below is a 5-year chart. Look at the last 3 months. Its now 31% above its 200 - DMA.

I have zero regrets selling in the high 150's. It was the correct decision. The point of this post is to show that sometimes Mr. Market is just fucking insane. Don't second guess yourself or get frustrated when this shit happens. You will drive yourself nuts. Mr. Market is just... Mr. Market. You gotta go with the flow and take what he is giving you.

1648745816100.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
$300 probably worth waiting for, stock is going to be in a short term consolidation period. I'd like to see LOW losses it's 200d as well (I think it will) . Maybe run sideways for 6+ months.
Update, so LOW did go on to lose its 200d and pretty decidedly. HD is now at $300, this is critical support, tempting buy but if it losses this level could get pretty ugly with a drop to near ~$260 where I would be a strong buyer. I need to ponder this one a little more, want to see how it handles some down side probing of the support range.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Update, so LOW did go on to lose its 200d and pretty decidedly. HD is now at $300, this is critical support, tempting buy but if it losses this level could get pretty ugly with a drop to near ~$260 where I would be a strong buyer. I need to ponder this one a little more, want to see how it handles some down side probing of the support range.
season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless

• 4Worf
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't worry I'll eventually push enough Blazin bucks into it to bale you out.

MPC is now a 46.51% gainer since November for me. Like ABBV this may be my last ride on the equity without a pullback. I may trail it selling puts for a bit. I have bought and sold it 4 times since November and each time it it has paid off so quickly.

I'm also out CLF another big winner but that one took some patience before the big break out. Forget what needs updating...I'm out CAH (now selling puts). I'm out PARA have not sold puts. I have a few that I'm watching for possible exits: INTC, and MRK.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Mulling dumping my DIS stake. I know long term its not the best play but I am not liking what I am seeing there right now.

I just sold DIS today that I bought on 3/15 @ $129.75, was a nice entry but I'm selling for personal reasons. I will not own DIS again, plenty of other ways to make money. Time to delete a tab off the spreadsheet.

• 6Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 7 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Don't worry I'll eventually push enough Blazin bucks into it to bale you out.

MPC is now a 46.51% gainer since November for me. Like ABBV this may be my last ride on the equity without a pullback. I may trail it selling puts for a bit. I have bought and sold it 4 times since November and each time it it has paid off so quickly.

I'm also out CLF another big winner but that one took some patience before the big break out. Forget what needs updating...I'm out CAH (now selling puts). I'm out PARA have not sold puts. I have a few that I'm watching for possible exits: INTC, and MRK.
CAH as well? What's the deal on that one? Seems like a fairly steady gainer to me, though I could see it going back to maybe 52 or something...

Just curious to hear your reasoning.

As an aside, I looked at the NUE and CLF charts today and I'm a little salty. Only a little though.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
CAH as well? What's the deal on that one? Seems like a fairly steady gainer to me, though I could see it going back to maybe 52 or something...

Just curious to hear your reasoning.

As an aside, I looked at the NUE and CLF charts today and I'm a little salty. Only a little though.
CAH was called away @ $56 . I'll be maneuvering to re enter, I worked to roll the calls but it just didn't work out. Have already sold the $54 strike puts.

CLF had some lower risk entries a couple times around $18/share. It is so commodity driven it's hard to say if it just keeps going here but it gave me my reward for waiting for move, not giving it back.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
CAH was called away @ $56 . I'll be maneuvering to re enter, I worked to roll the calls but it just didn't work out. Have already sold the $54 strike puts.

CLF had some lower risk entries a couple times around $18/share. It is so commodity driven it's hard to say if it just keeps going here but it gave me my reward for waiting for move, not giving it back.
Ya, I was in both NUE and CLF back in January and had some NUE at 92 (not enough!) and sold at 120something and it's now at 150. Similar story for CLF. I believe you're spot on that both of those are being driven by overall commodity prices spiking heavily recently, and I've read several places that commodities in general are due for a pullback.

As for CAH, I think I'll just hold for a bit unless you tell me it's due for a big pullback. My cost basis is 49.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just sold DIS today that I bought on 3/15 @ $129.75, was a nice entry but I'm selling for personal reasons. I will not own DIS again, plenty of other ways to make money. Time to delete a tab off the spreadsheet.

My exact same feelings. It is not a money thing. unfortunately I was busy at the open and missed a sell earlier. I am probably going to set a tight stop and let it go.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sanctions seem to be working to hopefully bring this mess to a close. Although, I wouldn't underestimate a desperate Putin move.

14:07 (RU) Kremlin administration reportedly no longer hopes to take Kyiv; According to sources, most likely scenario now is Russia bringing only the Donbas under its full control - Meduza (update)
- Kremlin administration said to fear that possible truce with Ukraine will impact Putin’s ratings; Held a meeting to discuss strategies for explaining possible peace talks with Ukraine to the Russian population
- Reportedly in the end of March, Kremlin officials showed Pres Putin calculations about the state of the Russian economy; According to these documents,“the country will not be able to live somehow normally under such sanctions”; There will be Infrastructural problems, problems with transport will begin
- According to closed polls by the Presidential Administration, no more than half of the Moscow and St.Petersburg residents now support the war
- Source TradeTheNews.com

• 1Seriously?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
As for CAH, I think I'll just hold for a bit unless you tell me it's due for a big pullback. My cost basis is 49.
CAH looks fine to me, there is some headline risk because of the settlements with the states in regard to the opioid stuff. Outside of that I don't see it having a big pullback. A back check towards $54 is possible but I would not consider that concerning.

• 1Solidarity