Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Honest I find car loans baffling. Buy used, drive till wheels fall off, IMO.
I bought my Tesla CPO and then depreciate it out of my business. Its one of the true luxuries I take for myself and my wife. I drive a ton and spend lots of hours in my car each week. I enjoy the nice ride.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's been a significant level since September last year, so.. yea... ignore it all you like.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's been a significant level since September last year, so.. yea... ignore it all you like.
I Like Swimsuit GIF by MOODMAN

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Turned at 450.69 my pivot is drawn (since Sept) at 450.90 ... its never an exact hit, but.. expected level after we moved so much so quick this afternoon.

Again, matters more if youre in a trade for the day and looking for profit taking levels. You'd want to at least be trimming profits coming into resistance like that.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was looking at banks as we move into a higher interest rate environment where they should thrive and I wanted to see where their loan money was going since defaults should start to begin to rise. I was surprised that only 4% of WFC loan dollars are out in credit cards. The data is a little dated so could be off a small bit.

1649362602862.png

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Question for Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes :

You mentioned screeners a bit ago. I think I messed with them a bit a while back, to look for some dividend stocks, but the results of that were... let's say mixed. What sort of criteria do you use for all of that? If it's too much of a PITA to list, I get it, but I'd be really curious to mirror peruse your ideas.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Question for Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes :

You mentioned screeners a bit ago. I think I messed with them a bit a while back, to look for some dividend stocks, but the results of that were... let's say mixed. What sort of criteria do you use for all of that? If it's too much of a PITA to list, I get it, but I'd be really curious to mirror peruse your ideas.
What platform do you use?

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Would anyone like to explain to me in laymens terms what is happening here? (from /r/wsb)

1649368325874.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Would anyone like to explain to me in laymens terms what is happening here? (from /r/wsb)

View attachment 406991
If that is yours you made a fuckton of money today and better be buying everyone a gold membership.

Also if it's yours and you have zero idea what you were doing you are fucking insane and also insanely lucky. Congrats.

Edit: tldr someone or you bought a couple of hundred call options on COST and they mooned.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If that is yours you made a fuckton of money today and better be buying everyone a gold membership.

Also if it's yours and you have zero idea what you were doing you are fucking insane and also insanely lucky. Congrats.

Edit: tldr someone or you bought a couple of hundred call options on COST and they mooned.
Not me, just see these kinds of posts whenever I check out /r/wsb and my ADD is just too strong to force me to me study how calls and puts work. Was hoping someone could break a real-life example down for me, what exactly they did and how they went to the moon.