Investing General Discussion

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
What I'm saying is that he believes that people are concerned about him buying Twitter because he thinks they think they won't be able to criticize him on it.

That's not even the slightest of people's concerns, even though it might still be true:

They have a funny way on not caring about it by talking about it constantly and threatening to leave ect.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why the fuck are people selling TWTR at under $52 a share? Can they not do basic math? Or is this some fuckery due to people causing price pressure due to options action?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because there is still the risk of Musk pulling out? The board simply agreed to the sale. It has NOT closed ("expected to close in 2022")
Regulation can step in too? *shrug*

There is a non 0 sum risk involved still. Markets are discounting that.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1650916759905.png

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
There's only 3-4% upside for the stock for the rest of the year until it closes. The downside if for some reason the deal doesn't go through is more substantial. Obviously there's some level below 54.20 where it will settle due to all that.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There's only 3-4% upside for the stock for the rest of the year until it closes. The downside if for some reason the deal doesn't go through is more substantial. Obviously there's some level below 54.20 where it will settle due to all that.
Since its a cash deal and he owns no media/social media companies, the odds of it not closing should be close to zero. Meh, Im just butthurt because I am in the green on my TWTR play but was expecting to be more in the green today.

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
QQQ today bounced off of neeearly the low of March 7th. Does that mean we're heading for another rollercoaster ride back up to 370, or are we just getting fattened up for a drop down to like 300 or lower?

I'm betting (with some TQQQ) that we're heading back up a bit like before, but who knows? The China stuff with their lockdowns killing economic activity over there is different than 6 weeks ago, sooo eh?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thursday morning I was looking at my stocks and saw green in the 5000 range. Had the thought "why am I even showing to work?!". Then the whole thing flipped before lunch and it's been a long toilet flushing sound since.

Guess I'll keep my day job.
2020 and 2021 were pretty wild because we'd have single days where our accounts would swing by an entire year of expenses. But that was kind of the clue that we were about to the point where we could retire.

2022 has made that a bit hard to look at the markets, but a single year shouldn't derail us. That's assuming this recovers and we don't get a string of 2 or 3 years of this shit.

Unfortunately, if that happens it means we probably have to go back to work, and that's going to be super hard to swallow after being retired. I can't even imagine putting up with any of that shit anymore. Heck, getting up and getting dressed seems like too much to ask.

• 1Worf

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
2020 and 2021 were pretty wild because we'd have single days where our accounts would swing by an entire year of expenses. But that was kind of the clue that we were about to the point where we could retire.

2022 has made that a bit hard to look at the markets, but a single year shouldn't derail us. That's assuming this recovers and we don't get a string of 2 or 3 years of this shit.

Unfortunately, if that happens it means we probably have to go back to work, and that's going to be super hard to swallow after being retired. I can't even imagine putting up with any of that shit anymore. Heck, getting up and getting dressed seems like too much to ask.
You took new world serious!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

i may hold it till close so i can say elon musk directly bought company shares off me

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Added some JPM at 123.50

I copy catted this buy.

And for the second I bought on margin, bc I had money sitting in my ROTH, but accidentally used my Individual Account to make the purchase. Taking that shit off tomorrow! I don't even know how it got turned on.

mother score GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users