Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Same goes for a lot of business leadership. Hyper-focus on near term growth and market cap/stock price metrics does not necessarily select for durable and long-term profitable businesses. I see TOOOONS of under-investment, maintenance deferral, and general can-kicking in the industries I consult in. Next year's problems are for the guy sitting in your chair after you get promoted or take a C-level position in a bigger company.
Yep, C-Level employees refuse to think beyond the next business cycle.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dropped in an order for GOOGL at $2225. See if it hits today.
Missed it by <that> much.

1651172227712.png

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok, I need someone wiser than me to explain this. Who the fuck would be buying Jan 2023 calls on TWTR with strikes above $60 when the tender is $54.20? Someone betting the deal falls apart AND the stock then shoots up to an all-time high price afterwards? WTF am I missing with this strategy? We arent talking one or two contracts. And the IV is basically shit now. Blazin Blazin Jysin Jysin Fogel Fogel help a brother out.

1651174587089.png

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok, I need someone wiser than me to explain this. Who the fuck would be buying Jan 2023 calls on TWTR with strikes above $60 when the tender is $54.20? Someone betting the deal falls apart AND the stock then shoots up to an all-time high price afterwards? WTF am I missing with this strategy? We arent talking one or two contracts. And the IV is basically shit now. Blazin Blazin Jysin Jysin Fogel Fogel help a brother out.

View attachment 410068

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

View attachment 410068
Quite possible the OI is declining. Either it trades another 3755 contracts or people simply let them expire. Todays volume of 151 could be reducing OI not increasing it. And it's not a done deal so just like ATVI the market will still play around the edges until the deal is finalized.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Quite possible the OI is declining. Either it trades another 3755 contracts or people simply let them expire. Todays volume of 151 could be reducing OI not increasing it. And it's not a done deal so just like ATVI the market will still play around the edges until the deal is finalized.
But the $60 strike was 1300+ contracts. Somebody has to be buying them.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
That was from 4/15 and the dude is only worth about $200m. The board stated earlier this week that they had no other credible offers.

Even on the link I posted at the bottom basically says the same but thats literally the only logical reason anyone would see $60/share happening.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

View attachment 410068

Not sure, only thing that stands out to me is the large spread in the bid/ask. Definitely some fuckery going on combined with the article Zog linked. Tron buys a shitload of 60$ contracts on the cheap, then releases article offering 60$ a share and starts selling off his calls

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Not sure, only thing that stands out to me is the large spread in the bid/ask. Definitely some fuckery going on combined with the article Zog linked. Tron buys a shitload of 60$ contracts on the cheap, then releases article offering 60$ a share and starts selling off his calls
Questionable at best. Trying to manipulate the market in the path of the force that is elon musk will probably not go well for you.

Molten Core Raider
INTC- Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) reported quarterly earnings of $0.87 per share which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $0.80 by 8.75 percent. This is a 37.41 percent decrease over earnings of $1.39 per share from the same period last year. The company reported quarterly sales of $18.40 billion which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $18.31 billion by 0.49 percent. This is a 6.47 percent decrease over sales of $19.67 billion the same period last year.

First move down to 43.66/

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AMZN huge miss

16:01 [AMZN] Reports Q1 -$7.56** v +$8.73e, Rev $116.4B v $117.0Be - Source TradeTheNews.com

**First quarter 2022 net loss includes a pre-tax valuation loss of $7.6 billion included in non-operating expense from our common stock investment in Rivian Automotive, Inc.

• 2Mother of God