Investing General Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm up 23% for the year, outside of my retirement account. Just money I put in for 5 weeks on an energy ETF earlier in the year. Combined, not so much.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I’m down around 60 percent average across my accounts since becoming a “active trader/investor/gambler”
sp500-5bfc338746e0fb00511b2656.jpg

Oof. Have you considered the buffet's wife investment plan? Sometimes you gotta throw your hands up and admit you suck at this shit.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Being down in 2022 isn't exactly an indication whether any investor sucks, truly the only people who suck at this have already wiped out their accounts with options lottery plays.

Elections are around the corner and I seriously doubt we will be at or below where we are when both sides are promising to unfuck inflation caused by the other guy and theres no way the repubs dont run on energy policy to bring gas prices down, so for those playing the long game, they will undoubtedly be ahead of the average discord wsb shadow trader by the end of the year.

I think preserving your capital now is more important than improving it. A lot of money can be made but you have to be honest with yourself if you can manage to be a step ahead every day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
sp500-5bfc338746e0fb00511b2656.jpg

Oof. Have you considered the buffet's wife investment plan? Sometimes you gotta throw your hands up and admit you suck at this shit.

well i do wish I just put everything in Berkshire. I basically and unfortunately became active at the worse time possible. When I was flush with cash from a land sale and during the whole wall street bets/Reddit/Covid shit. So my mind got infected with all
That and I was winning big which just perverted my mind worse. Then got greedy , and THEN did not take chips off the table as I followed the downtrend and “just wanted to break even” when breaking even became less and less of a possibility and here we are.

I’ve always been a frugal person and responsible. Which is why I’m not in a even worse place right now. I just got blinded and hit with the WORSE kind of market to learn in , a ultra volatile one.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Being down in 2022 isn't exactly an indication whether any investor sucks, truly the only people who suck at this have already wiped out their accounts with options lottery plays.

Elections are around the corner and I seriously doubt we will be at or below where we are when both sides are promising to unfuck inflation caused by the other guy and theres no way the repubs dont run on energy policy to bring gas prices down, so for those playing the long game, they will undoubtedly be ahead of the average discord wsb shadow trader by the end of the year.

I think preserving your capital now is more important than improving it. A lot of money can be made but you have to be honest with yourself if you can manage to be a step ahead every day.

Preservation of capital has been the name of the game for me since late last year, and luckily it's served me very well. If I had been trying to actively make money in that time I would be down quite a bit.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have mentioned before that 2015-2016 corrective period was one of the most challenging periods for secular trend investors. We struggled above and below the 200d for 11 months before the primary trend resumed. It's an important point to notice that the market successfully got on top of the 200d multiple times. While challenging this was a more "constructive" consolidation behavior than what we have seen so far in this correction.

View attachment 411197

This 2000 Bear market:

View attachment 411200

Can we stomach a decline of SPY 380 QQQ 290ish and still hold? I'd say yes, but it better happen soon with a strong and SUSTAINED bounce out of that extreme trend danger zone.

What if it doesn't?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It'll go down, and then it'll go back up again. Or it'll go to zero and take the dollar with it, and you'll have a lot more other problems to worry about.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
C’mon power hour, you fucking slut.

Gimme dat SPY 400 I’ve been waiting for.

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It'll go down, and then it'll go back up again. Or it'll go to zero and take the dollar with it, and you'll have a lot more other problems to worry about.
Always invest in ammo. It's the one commodity that is guaranteed to get more valuable as society goes to shit.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, zerohedge, everyone is acquiring credit and working on credit scores because having shit credit is a big deal when the best mortgage % you can get is over 5%.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm maxing out my credit card on gas and bread

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Long SPY. Gonna sell deep OTM CCs to degenerate gamblers for a bit of alpha, and to get a better feel for the greeks. Plan is to swing trade it back to the 450 range.

If it goes tits up, then we can all go down together brothers 👍

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Long SPY. Gonna sell deep OTM CCs to degenerate gamblers for a bit of alpha, and to get a better feel for the greeks. Plan is to swing trade it back to the 450 range.

If it goes tits up, then we can all go down together brothers 👍

How long are you going OTM?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Should I put my 401k into cash? I don't feel confident that I'm going to be safe with how Fidelity is managing it for my company.