Investing General Discussion

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zog hasn't posted since this morning, he's probably near exhaustion from furiously masturbating all day

Still no halts.

I want the full crash experience.

But seriously, cpi @830am est tomorrow, a top on inflation is huge for sentiment.

"It's only up from here" is a real possibility.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Remember when they told us Crypto was totally disconnected from stocks and was the ultimate hedge?

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anone who said that was an idiot. That is certainly the goal, but we haven't gotten there yet. To this point it's never been anything other than a speculative investment

Getting a little crypto rebound now though. It's interesting to me to speculate what a shift to an untethered crypto market would look like. How sudden would it be or how gradual? Would people sell their tech stocks to drive down the stock market and crypto market, and then reinvest it in the crypto market during off hours?

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, this shit is getting tiresome.

I know we're not supposed to get political, but our country is such a fucking shit show right now. Like, read about 1973 and how fucked everything was between inflation, the gas crisis, and GDP. And then keep in mind that they had interest rates to somewhat fall back on. We've got nothing. It's all dog shit.

People really should be taking it out on the politicians and elites with violence but instead we're just getting boiled...quickly?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
At least the nations debt levels are nice and low so we can spend our way out of this.

• 1Rimshot
  • 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 3 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
I member, PLTR was my highest % growth and bragging about my sub $10 cost basis...

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did you not see that "Cash Me Outside" the gross coal burning whore has made ~$50M by age 19 via using OnlyFans to show dudes her asshole?
I am doubtful that all the money is legit. In one story, her father (estranged) claims that there is 1 or more people working in the background, behind her. It may be a money laundering operation and she is too dumb to keep her mouth shut.

I hope the IRS/FBI/TFI is getting the microscopes out on her (and all the other OF Thotts, while they are at it).

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
according to the wiki her only fans made 1 million on the 1st day alone. Moral of the story, there's plenty of degenerates out there.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Tomorrow and the next day i'll be blowing up most of my non-retirement account to erase my margin and probably beyond that too and converting to cash. It will be a 70 percent or so haircut, but the daily losses are so bad and I can't lose or go below a certain amount of cash, otherwise on top of everything else i'll have debt. And I want to at least stay debt free.

I tell you all this because I have a sneaky feeling that many MANY people are in the same boat. This is just awful. Its it amazes me how quickly it all snowballed in the last 2 months.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Tomorrow and the next day i'll be blowing up most of my non-retirement account to erase my margin and probably beyond that too and converting to cash. It will be a 70 percent or so haircut, but the daily losses are so bad and I can't lose or go below a certain amount of cash, otherwise on top of everything else i'll have debt. And I want to at least stay debt free.

I tell you all this because I have a sneaky feeling that many MANY people are in the same boat. This is just awful. Its it amazes me how quickly it all snowballed in the last 2 months.
lol buy high sell low.

This thread is a good example of why average traders lose money.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Unless you are leveraged to the moon, that seems like a bad idea.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

If that's really the situtation, you'll likely be far better off taking on short-term debt and paying yourself back in the future when your assets recover. Do the math before you shotgun yourself in the foot. Also, there's a lesson in here about investing/trading with funds you'll need for expenses in the short term...

Edit: Missed margin comment. That's a tough spot.

Last edited:

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
lol buy high sell low.

This thread is a good example of why average traders lose money.

No, I bought low. Bought more low on margin. Never sold when it was high, and now its all low again. Yes the margin was a mistake and yes not selling for profits was a mistake.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Margin is always a mistake unless you’re giving tuco investment advice

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I blame Blazin Blazin for fucking up the market. It only when up when he was here posting everyday. Since he went off to play Green Acres shit has been in a tailspin.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Speaking of margin, I have to wonder at what point some of our red is being caused by liquidations. And maybe just not retail liquidations.

• 1Mother of God