Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
lift off space GIF by US National Archives

and back down we go.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
14:00 *(US) FOMC RAISES TARGET RANGE BY 75BPS TO 2.25-2.50% (AS SPECULATED); RECENT INDICATORS OF SPENDING AND PRODUCTION HAVE SOFTENED, THOUGH JOB GAINS ARE ROBUST
- IOER raised by 75bps to 2.40%
- Vote was unanimous
- Inflation remains elevated, reflecting imbalances; Reiterates 'highly attentive' to inflation risks
- Balance sheet reduction proceeding at announced pace
- Job gains have been robust; Unemployment rate has remained low
- War in Ukraine creating additional upward pressure on inflation, weighing on global economic activity

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Assuming a worldwide famine and US food shortages (but not famine) playing out over the next decade, what would be an investing strategy to take advantage of it? As a moderately stupid person I'd think agriculture and healthcare, but something's telling me that's wrong.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Assuming a worldwide famine and US food shortages (but not famine) playing out over the next decade, what would be an investing strategy to take advantage of it? As a moderately stupid person I'd think agriculture and healthcare, but something's telling me that's wrong.
My patented answer to these types of questions. If you dont have the time and inclination to really dedicate yourself to the markets and individual sectors/stocks in specific, my best advice is buy the S&P 500 and/or QQQ and dont worry about it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some commentary in the release that can be taken both dovish / hawkish about adjusting policy as necessary. (Ongoing increases as appropriate)

The Fed Q&A coming at 2:30pm will see how he responds to these statements.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some commentary in the release that can be taken both dovish / hawkish about adjusting policy as necessary. (Ongoing increases as appropriate)

The Fed Q&A coming at 2:30pm will see how he responds to these statements.
He needs to skip the presser and just shut his mouth.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Hard to say who'd win in that scenario. The simple answer says probably agri, but then you have to deal with the realities of how stupid people are. In the event of a real famine, historically all sorts of craziness happens. Exports get banned, which slashes profits, governments get involved with various stages of production, which is even worse for profits, and thing like theft become huge problems.

Basically, if it comes to the point that agri people are wheeling buckets of money home, the government will step in and fix that right quick. So yea, S&P500 ahoy.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
must have said they were giving away free money or something?

Attachments

• spyfed.jpg
    spyfed.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 1To the Moon!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My patented answer to these types of questions. If you dont have the time and inclination to really dedicate yourself to the markets and individual sectors/stocks in specific, my best advice is buy the S&P 500 and/or QQQ and dont worry about it.

I'm very heavy into s&p and total market, they make up like 95% of my retirement. I was just curious.

And as an aside, our market's relationship with china makes me nervous. I'd eventually like to allot a portion of my portfolio to low/no china exposure boomer stocks.

• 1Like