Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Gonna put a 1-2k each into 5 oversold stocks.

Paypal is one.
Netflix is another.

Any suggestions on the other 3?

It's gotta be a household name that's down at least 60% off its high, and it can't be Meta because fuck Zuck and it can't be Nvidia because I already have too much in Nvidia.
DIS
CAT
F

Not all exactly 60% down but hit hard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fidelity ATP adding a new free tool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
COIN ripping short faces off.

Blackrock deal with them adds a whole lot of legitimacy.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You were definitely getting too negative, had the one of the worst first halves in history and you were still just expecting further crash. Doesn't mean this bear market is over but never pays to get too negative for too long. Markets only travel in one direction for so long, we may well yet fail just above here.

Inflation is likely to sink like a rock, the market will like that but the economic weakness might become more impactful to earnings which could keep us in a bear for a bit longer. Just need to keep on open mind and stay flexible.

Humans have no trouble imagining bad outcomes and are pretty shitty at keeping on open mind to better than expected outcomes even though that is often the base case.

This is me too. I kept investing through June, but have been expecting things to get worse, so held off in July.

Now, I'm looking for somewhere to put my July/Aug cash and everything has been ripping.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is me too. I kept investing through June, but have been expecting things to get worse, so held off in July.

Now, I'm looking for somewhere to put my July/Aug cash and everything has been ripping.
CAT, F and DIS were not open calls to invest. Mist had some specific requirements and those fit the bill.

Molten Core Raider
CAT, F and DIS were not open calls to invest. Mist had some specific requirements and those fit the bill.
Shit. I went all in on those three.

I kid of course, I did not.

But I had the same problem as Tmac (hence my comment the other day about my expectations and the markets expectations). I expected things to get worse so expected to spend more of my money later, when things started going up I just assumed it was a dead cat bounce and set some lower orders to use up what I had left. It's possible I may still get a chance, or it is possible I might not.

I DID spend some of my "non retirement" account money, but let fear and greed get the best of me. I guess I'll see if I learned anything next time!

As always, thanks to the experienced traders giving insight and analysis! Much appreciated as I continue this learning process .

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shit. I went all in on those three.

I kid of course, I did not.

But I had the same problem as Tmac (hence my comment the other day about my expectations and the markets expectations). I expected things to get worse so expected to spend more of my money later, when things started going up I just assumed it was a dead cat bounce and set some lower orders to use up what I had left. It's possible I may still get a chance, or it is possible I might not.

I DID spend some of my "non retirement" account money, but let fear and greed get the best of me. I guess I'll see if I learned anything next time!

As always, thanks to the experienced traders giving insight and analysis! Much appreciated as I continue this learning process .
I like CAT long term. I think combo of Russia and recession means it has a ways to fall before I will buy it again. I also like GD but not at the current price.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Some of the companies I've worked with are now complaining their suppliers are laying off workers. Chip shortage hitting and a number of companies have been stocking up. Sub of Lincoln electric being one of them.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Anyone else do any HKD this last month? Wish I heard about this in mid July when it came online.

Started at 7.80 and went above 2555.00 on Tuesday insane.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was a Chinese pump and dump with almost 0 volume. There were at times spreads that were 100s of dollars. It would trade a couple hundred shares and volatility halt. While fun to watch, it was an untradeable mess.

• 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, here is a perfect example

Yes it is early premarket, but bid of $259 and ask of $1095.

A9F6FA4F-8430-44B7-ABC3-99F3F9CEF389.jpeg