Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I feel like a statement like this means nothing.
There are algos who disagree with you.

1669834699921.png

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I feel like a statement like this means nothing.

Dude, I don't know a ton about the market and even I know that Powell wants to be the good guy SOOOOO badly that if he gets the slightest whiff of news regarding lowering rates that he is going to puke it out at the earliest opportunity.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Summary:

13:30 (US) Fed Chair Powell: We have a long way to go in restoring price stability; Time for moderating hikes could come as soon as Dec meeting

- Reiterates likely need to hold policy in restrictive territory for some time; history cautions strongly against prematurely loosening policy
- Need to see more evidence of inflation falling; Inflation remains far too high
- Moderation in labor demand growth will be required to restore labor market balance
- Reiterates that seems likely rates must ultimately go somewhat higher than policymakers thought in September; Still considerable uncertainty over where rates will peak
- We have made substantial progress toward sufficiently restrictive policy, but still more ground to cover
- For wage growth to be sustainable, it needs to be consistent with 2% inflation
- In housing market seeing new lease inflation falling which is expected to bring down housing services inflation later in 2023
- Moderation of labor demand growth will be required to restore balance to labor market, and have only seen tentative signs of that so far
- Wage growth has also shown only tentative signs of returning to balance
- Full effects of our rapid tightening have yet to be felt which supports moderating pace of rate hikes

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Guess institutional investors were just sitting on giant piles of money.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user