Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm kinda skeptical of the FDIC's plan to contain the contagion that is this by hefting the costs onto other banks. While it might ease the public fears that would lead to wider spread bank runs in the short term, and the government is obviously very scared of a panic, I think it's contradictory to maintaining the health of a banking sector that is obviously having problems. I would have tried for a more balanced approach. There needs to be some level of buyer beware when you deposit silly amounts into banks, And I don't think those depositors would have lost all that much.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Things on the bounce following:

13:05 CS: Reportedly Swiss govt is under pressure from at least one major govt to intervene in Credit Suisse - press

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I believe today is the last day for buybacks before the blackout period begins tomorrow. If you are wondering my AMZN, GOOGL, MSFT etc are strongly green today, that might be your answer.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1678904910585.png

• 1To the Moon!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Swiss regulator FNMA likely to make Credit Suisse statement today or tomorrow; options include statement of support, backstop, Swiss spin-off, or UBS tie-up - Source TradeTheNews.com

fris

Vyemm Raider
FYI - SVIB had over $200b in deposits when it crashed. Thats billion with a B. CS has $399m in deposits. Thats million with an M. CS dying has very little material impact on the US.

View attachment 463583
is this right? wouldn't $399,509 Mil be $399 Bil? I know 'over the pond' use the comma where we use the period, but looks like they use both? note assets under mgmt below:

looking at their annual reports (Annual reports),

Credit Suisse (CHF million)
Net revenues 14,921

wouldn't this be 14 Bil rev? (CHF is about 1 dollar)

Assets under management and net new assets (CHF billion)
Assets under management 1,293.6

1 tril under mgmt?

Balance sheet statistics (CHF million)
Total assets 531,358
Net loans 264,165

compared to SVC's annual report SVB Financial Group - Financials - Annual Reports & Proxies
which btw FUCKING SUCKS ASS, NOT HAVING ANY NUMBERS UNTIL PAGE 43 SHOULD PUT THEM FEDERAL POUND YOU IN THE ASS PRISION

BALANCE SHEET
Assets. $216.1 billion in average total assets (up 30.2%). $211.8 billion in period-end total assets (up 0.2%).

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The biggest difference between svb and the other American banks vs CS, is that CS has been a garbage fire for over a year. That they are having issues isn’t exactly breaking news, and I assume would fuck with the euros a lot more than the US.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
is this right? wouldn't $399,509 Mil be $399 Bil? I know 'over the pond' use the comma where we use the period, but looks like they use both? note assets under mgmt below:

looking at their annual reports (Annual reports),

Credit Suisse (CHF million)
Net revenues 14,921

wouldn't this be 14 Bil rev? (CHF is about 1 dollar)

Assets under management and net new assets (CHF billion)
Assets under management 1,293.6

1 tril under mgmt?

Balance sheet statistics (CHF million)
Total assets 531,358
Net loans 264,165

compared to SVC's annual report SVB Financial Group - Financials - Annual Reports & Proxies
which btw FUCKING SUCKS ASS, NOT HAVING ANY NUMBERS UNTIL PAGE 43 SHOULD PUT THEM FEDERAL POUND YOU IN THE ASS PRISION

BALANCE SHEET
Assets. $216.1 billion in average total assets (up 30.2%). $211.8 billion in period-end total assets (up 0.2%).
You are 100% right. That comma/period thing threw me.