Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
There are brokerages and advisors that still charge fees/commissions on trade execution?
In this one they charge a fee based on a percentage of account balance. For that luxury you get no commissions and shitty trades

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>

1678992291669.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Just getting some general opinions, but odds on MSFT regaining its previous high in the next year?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And then there is this:
I did a client's tax return last night. He "pays" an advisor of a big firm to run his brokerage account. Client is a solid 5%-er, very upper middle class. He paid $6500 in advisor fees in 2022. Advisor made more than 50 trades in this account. He lost money on 83% of the trades. So he made money on 17% of his trades. 17 fucking percent. And paid $6500 for the privilege.
Hopefully it's also not a % of AUM.

That's when you really get fucked.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
And then there is this:
I did a client's tax return last night. He "pays" an advisor of a big firm to run his brokerage account. Client is a solid 5%-er, very upper middle class. He paid $6500 in advisor fees in 2022. Advisor made more than 50 trades in this account. He lost money on 83% of the trades. So he made money on 17% of his trades. 17 fucking percent. And paid $6500 for the privilege.

Did he barely lose on 83% of the trades and hella win on 17% of the trades?

Bc what you're saying could potentially lead to do very diff outcomes. Sounds like you're saying he lost a bunch of money though. How much did he lose?

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Did he barely lose on 83% of the trades and hella win on 17% of the trades?

Bc what you're saying could potentially lead to do very diff outcomes. Sounds like you're saying he lost a bunch of money though. How much did he lose?
Not an insignificant amount. Unless you are comparing it to Moglyzoke Moogleman Moglyzoke Moogleman loses. In that case it was a mere pittance.

I looked most of the actual trades and companies. Most were total trash. Probably companies this guy was getting a commission on to sell.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
FRC gonna need more than 30 billion in loans i guess;

1679029774734.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user