Investing General Discussion

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
If you're not following along, that is now both Ford and GM that have capitulated to Tesla charge standards and allows Tesla to sell a service (supercharger network) to other companies / individuals. This is quite a bullish catalyst. They are no longer just a "car company", they are now truly a service provider (EV charge) as well.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
tesla after hours is currently 243.30 because of GM charging deal. Closing was $234.86

edit: beat me to it my bad didnt see those.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
VIX around 13.50

Fox Entertainment Lucifer GIF by FOX TV

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit, we finally did it! Broke past that high from August 2022.

Next up is April 2022 at 4631 (another 7%).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might belong in the home buying thread, but saw this today and it made me chuckle.

1686569724082.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw that ad a few times, had a look and that house is still there although it's had an extension added.

1686581120299.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm confused, why is NDAQ down 12% while QQQ is up 0.6%? Not holding either one, just don't get the disconnect.

edit to forestall the probably still inevitable: yes I understand that they are different things and am not looking for the basic description of each, but rather any speculations about this fairly extreme decoupling.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm confused, why is NDAQ down 12% while QQQ is up 0.6%? Not holding either one, just don't get the disconnect.

edit to forestall the probably still inevitable: yes I understand that they are different things and am not looking for the basic description of each, but rather any speculations about this fairly extreme decoupling.
Small caps probably doing better than large?

Edit: Nevermind, didn't realize QQQ had only about 100 holdings too. No clue.

Edit2: So best I can tell, some of the "Nasdaq" quotes we see (like from Google, and actually, I think that's the only place I see it, and only when I search for the S&P 500) are actually for Nasdaq Inc, the company that runs the exchanges. Why the fuck anyone cares to track that I have no idea. QQQ and the Nasdaq 100 should mirror each other. NDAQ is a who gives a shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Small caps probably doing better than large?

Edit: Nevermind, didn't realize QQQ had only about 100 holdings too. No clue.

Edit2: So best I can tell, some of the "Nasdaq" quotes we see (like from Google, and actually, I think that's the only place I see it, and only when I search for the S&P 500) are actually for Nasdaq Inc, the company that runs the exchanges. Why the fuck anyone cares to track that I have no idea. QQQ and the Nasdaq 100 should mirror each other. NDAQ is a who gives a shit.
Ya, I was just looking at QQQ and saying, wait, down 12%? It's up like .7% or something. Down 12% in a day for the NASDAQ is motherfuckers jumping out of windows level of drop.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Ya, I was just looking at QQQ and saying, wait, down 12%? It's up like .7% or something. Down 12% in a day for the NASDAQ is motherfuckers jumping out of windows level of drop.
I saw nasdaq down 12% and kept scrolling. I was like, if that true, I'm gonna find out about it other ways, didn't even bother to look up what the news said, just figured I'd see fires and shootouts at the grocery store.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
NDAQ (NAsdaq Inc) isnt exactly nothing, its the corporation that runs several major stock exchanges including NASDAQ. Since I've had it on my watchlist its generally tracked NASDAQ more or less.

Answered my own question. Looks like for whatever reason this large drop was caused by their decision to buy Adenza, which explains why it would affect the corporation but not the NASDAQ index itself.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some serious index front running the CPI and Fed. Interesting to note, VIX is following everything higher. Someone is hedging longer dated puts (30d+) to move the VIX. Quite an interesting divergence.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user