Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
All my MIC stocks this morning be like...

Flexing Hulk Hogan GIF by WWE

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I did see a few "we are going to be limit down by morning" posts on twitter last night by financial gurus, and it's not so much that they were wrong its just that the market is rigged, and despite stating that weekly, it slipped their mind momentarily during their bearish call.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I did see a few "we are going to be limit down by morning" posts on twitter last night by financial gurus, and it's not so much that they were wrong its just that the market is rigged, and despite stating that weekly, it slipped their mind momentarily during their bearish call.
I honestly can't believe we are back to earnings season already. Index futures plunging all the way back to the price at noon on Friday. Doesn't anyone understand markets love war?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Limit down? What kind of morons are these? What's the crude saying? "Buy on the bombs"? Typically markets dip and then rally on anything war related. Nevermind the fact that this Israel / Hamas shit has been going on for an eternity and is nothing new. Perhaps the scale of this is bigger, but... same old same old sand pit.

I came in to markets this morning seeing the gap down early premarket thinking to myself: "How many people were caught offsides on Friday"? "How many are going to be viewing this dip as an opportunity to get in where they missed out on Friday?" .. I am bullish for the week, barring some other macro bomb. We have some barriers to new all time highs, but I said risk was to the upside on Friday. Here we are with a dip and second chance to get on a recovery bounce.

It is going to be an interesting earnings season ahead.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Limit down? What kind of morons are these? What's the crude saying? "Buy on the bombs"? Typically markets dip and then rally on anything war related. Nevermind the fact that this Israel / Hamas shit has been going on for an eternity and is nothing new. Perhaps the scale of this is bigger, but... same old same old sand pit.

I came in to markets this morning seeing the gap down early premarket thinking to myself: "How many people were caught offsides on Friday"? "How many are going to be viewing this dip as an opportunity to get in where they missed out on Friday?" .. I am bullish for the week, barring some other macro bomb. We have some barriers to new all time highs, but I said risk was to the upside on Friday. Here we are with a dip and second chance to get on a recovery bounce.

It is going to be an interesting earnings season ahead.
For perspective:

1696867722355.png

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If I could guarantee 9%/year for the next 20 I would put *literally* every investment dollar I have into it today.
Nevermind the fact that a bond that good would be sellable at an insane premium as soon as yields went down, right?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Nevermind the fact that a bond that good would be sellable at an insane premium as soon as yields went down, right?
Isn't that only assuming they don't decide to print even more money and keep inflating it? You're still just betting we're near peak at that point right?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Isn't that only assuming they don't decide to print even more money and keep inflating it? You're still just betting we're near peak at that point right?
Rates going down is one of the main ways money gets 'printed' through the issuance of large amounts of new private debt.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Youre Welcome Maui GIF

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 8.47.06 PM.png

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
09:48(US) Fed’s Bostic (non-voter): Policy rate is sufficiently restrictive to get inflation to 2%; We do NOT need to raise rates anymore

Elon Musk Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

• 1Like