Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I was by no means implying it a buy signal today. Just noticeable change in its recent weakness. Worth keeping an eye on.

I don't like the overall index retracement here so far. Got 2 more hours till close, but we are still stuck in a range here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Gee, I wonder if anyone had advanced warnings of the White House's decision to ban advanced NVDA chips to China? Look at that price movement the last 3 days. I bet Paul Pelosi sold NVDA on Thur/Fri.

View attachment 495662
You joke... but...

Which I'm betting was loss harvesting, then repurchasing under a more discreet method as to avoid that pesky reporting nonsense....

• 1Like
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
We jinxed IWM, giving back all of yesterday's outperformance. I took a look at this and it should be noted it is NOT out performing even in recent bounce. IWM is about 2% off the recent low with the broader markets 3-4% off their lows. Going further back to the Oct 22 lows the under performance is much worse. With SPY around 25% off its lows while IWM is only about 6%.

There are people out there making comments about this market shrugging off bad news and just not being as bearish as the bears want, meanwhile in reality land IWM is virtually unchanged over 3 1/2 years. IWM hit 170 1,374 days ago.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We jinxed IWM, giving back all of yesterday's outperformance. I took a look at this and it should be noted it is NOT out performing even in recent bounce. IWM is about 2% off the recent low with the broader markets 3-4% off their lows. Going further back to the Oct 22 lows the under performance is much worse. With SPY around 25% off its lows while IWM is only about 6%.

There are people out there making comments about this market shrugging off bad news and just not being as bearish as the bears want, meanwhile in reality land IWM is virtually unchanged over 3 1/2 years. IWM hit 170 1,374 days ago.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• 1Worf

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Had a good profit from ENGI, i only expect it to go up further since our country depends on it for electricty and has zero alternatives.

Buy this, winter is coming.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Just like with people, inflation has a much greater impact on the smaller businesses than on the bigs. IWM companies aren't sitting with tens of billions in cash on their balance sheets. The same is true for these interest rates. Variable rate small/medium business loans based on the 30-day LIBOR (currently at 5.44%) plus X%, are easily sitting at 9-10%+ right now. That's ass ravaging for these businesses. AAPL might sell less iPhones this year, but they arent going out of business because of it. They will survive. Companies with market caps in the sub-$1b range are another story entirely.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Speaking as a boomer, as painful as it would be for a while, I think we need to return to interest and mortgage rates in this area being the norm, not the exception. There has to be an incentive to save and there has to be a viable investment alternative to equities. And yes I know this sounds like a shitty scenario for the kids today who have only experienced low-to-zero interest rates their entire lives. It doesn't make me wrong though.

• 3Truth!
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Speaking as a boomer, as painful as it would be for a while, I think we need to return to interest and mortgage rates in this area being the norm, not the exception. There has to be an incentive to save and there has to be a viable investment alternative to equities. And yes I know this sounds like a shitty scenario for the kids today who have only experienced low-to-zero interest rates their entire lives. It doesn't make me wrong though.

As someone who does not immediately benefit from this kind of fundamental, I whole-heartedly agree.

• 2Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
explain to me like i'm retarded why the 20 is higher than 10 or 30
I haven't verified the recent and upcoming auctions but sometimes this can be related to what type of paper the Treasury is currently selling. This is in addition to the normal calculations of inflation and growth expectations over the duration periods.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tesla double miss. How the fuck this is green AH is beyond me.

16:01 [TSLA] Reports Q3 $0.66 v $0.73e, Rev $23.4B v $24.4Be; Cybertruck deliveries on track for later this year; More than doubled the size of its AI training compute
- Affirms FY23 vehicle production at 1.8M and to remain ahead of long-term 50% CAGR (prior: 1.8M and to remain ahead of long-term 50% CAGR)
- FCF $0.8B v $1.0B q/q
- GAAP Gross margin 17.9% v 25.1% y/y v 18.2% q/q
- Operating margin 7.6% v 17.2% y/y v 9.6% q/q
- adj EBITDA $3.76B v $4.97B y/y; margin 16.1% v 23.2% y/y

1697660602806.png

Last edited:

taebin

Same trailer, different park
explain to me like i'm retarded why the 20 is higher than 10 or 30
Going to double down on this. Can someone explain why you would lock your money up in a 30 year note for less of a return on a 3 month note?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tesla double miss. How the fuck this is green AH is beyond me.

16:01 [TSLA] Reports Q3 $0.66 v $0.73e, Rev $23.4B v $24.4Be; Cybertruck deliveries on track for later this year; More than doubled the size of its AI training compute
- Affirms FY23 vehicle production at 1.8M and to remain ahead of long-term 50% CAGR (prior: 1.8M and to remain ahead of long-term 50% CAGR)
- FCF $0.8B v $1.0B q/q
- GAAP Gross margin 17.9% v 25.1% y/y v 18.2% q/q
- Operating margin 7.6% v 17.2% y/y v 9.6% q/q
- adj EBITDA $3.76B v $4.97B y/y; margin 16.1% v 23.2% y/y

View attachment 495929
Cult of Elon