Investing General Discussion

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What’s wild is on the rocket ride up everyone was looking at 2021 expectations saying all the bad 2020 expectations has been prices in already. And today it’s “oh fuck things are going to suck again in 3 months”

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Airlines are 17% below where I sold them, so I bought them back, and am already feeling awful about it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I put some cash to work. I'm buying real dips until I get slapped.
Took a new position in FB
Took a new position in JNJ
Took a new position in DIA
Added some BIIB
Added some V
Added some XLK
Added some IVV
I have about 5 more orders open but they haven't gotten low enough.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
For those who like ETFs, DIA is an ETF that tracks the 30 components of the DOW index. It, like the DOW, is down over 4%. It is about 13% below its high. Just like the DOW. If you are looking for an entry intonthe market and don't like buying individual stocks or you just prefer the DJIA over the SP500 and its smaller companies, this might be a time to take a look. Expense ratio is 0.16 which is more than SPY but still close to insignificant.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Don't feel bad if you sre in the red. NYSE advances to decliners 3.83% to 95.74% or 115 to 2878.

And the Nasdaq is where it was 4 days ago.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Inflationary signs continue as the dollar weakens even more. Not a fan of this fed at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My director at work I talk to about stocks a lot has been trying to get his kids into stocks to learn how it works. I tell him with everything down so much, today would be a decent day for them to buy some. So I give him some options and he lets his 15 yo daughter pick one, she buys 10 of JPM. He says you now own 10 stocks and they’re worth $X. Hits refresh and she’s down $3. She squints at the screen and says “I don’t like this.”

• 12Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 12 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I missed some of the run up by not paying attention. Seems a good day to put cash to work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user